The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Audio interface upgrade Audio Interfaces
Old 17th February 2016
Here for the gear

Audio interface upgrade

Hi everybody I'm new to this forum and it's been a tremendous help to me with all the research I've been doing on it. I couldn't find a post that fit into my needs specifically so I thought i would start a new one. I want to know what is a good interface to choose from for a home studio in terms of features and sound quality. I currently have a presonus usb box and it's not cutting it at all. I usually record hiphop/r&b music, I preferably want 2 headphone inputs and an interface that has good mic pre amps.
Old 17th February 2016
Lives for gear

Welcome Tacomaker.

A couple of questions;

Are you on Mac or PC?

What is your budget?

How many ins and outs do you need?
Old 18th February 2016
Here for the gear

Hello, I am currently running a macbook right now. I was looking at paying around 1000+ as I know interfaces can get pretty pricey so I don't want to get too high in price but I'm open to suggestions. I wanted about 8 ins/outs.
Old 18th February 2016
Lives for gear

I think this Motu interface (USB and Thunderbolt connection) features everything you want for little under €1000,-

MOTU.com - Features
Old 18th February 2016
Here for the gear

Is it true USB connections have more latency compared to a fire wire or thunder bolt?
Old 19th February 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacomaker View Post
Is it true USB connections have more latency compared to a fire wire or thunder bolt?
My comparisons between Focusrite Scarlett (USB ) and Clarett (TB) show approximately a 3ms decrease at all buffer settings at 44.1.

It does make a difference but is only significant (relatively speaking) at 32 and 64 buffer settings. The difference at 128 and above isn't really meaningful once latency can be easily heard.
Old 19th February 2016
Lives for gear
If you want to save money for other gear, the Roland Octa-Capture has the best possible price/quality ratio (but only one headphones).
Roland Octa-Capture Reviews | Sweetwater.com
Old 19th February 2016
Gear Maniac
I've used Apogee and RME and now use an SPL Crimson.

It sounds considerably better than anything else I've ever used.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search