The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Presonus Bans People For Speaking The Truth.... Audio Interfaces
Old 28th January 2016
Tui
Gear Guru

Old 28th January 2016
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by maks View Post
TIP: UAD console mixer has "virtual channels" , you can send any # daw channels, groups, VI's into console and process them the same way you can with live inputs, sub 2ms..and without changing buffer or adding latency to what you have set. The time to add UAD to DAW mixer channels is when your close to the final stages of mixing or mastering (when latency doesnt really matter and computer can benefit from increasing buffers for more native plugs )
Everything you state is correct, but when it comes to realtime performance of VI's, latency does matter, and that is the whole problem with most interfaces that don't focus on that aspect. That's why RME is the best choice if you're doing lots of vst work.
Old 28th January 2016
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by sp1200 View Post
I had a Firebox years ago that literally had something explode inside and go up in smoke.

Haven't touched anything Presonus since.

I posted that in their forum and they didn't ban me. Good to see you've been reinstated.
Why do you think they named it "Firebox"?It was probably a filter cap for the power supply.
Old 28th January 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slicklickz View Post
Why do you think they named it "Firebox"?
Didn't it have an option that would make it self destruct within minutes of recording the greatest song ever? Maybe that's what happened? That's too bad I would have loved to have heard it.

Old 28th January 2016
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mulcahy View Post
Didn't it have an option that would make it self destruct within minutes of recording the greatest song ever? Maybe that's what happened? That's too bad I would have loved to have heard it.

So then sp1200 is actually Jack Black?Or possibly Kyle Gass?
Old 28th January 2016
Oh wow, you guys going in!
Old 28th January 2016
Lives for gear

That's a riot!!
Old 28th January 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusiKLover View Post
They're based in Baton Rouge & thus might have some of the Napoleonic Code, ironically enough, in effect in their jurisdictional laws, but this is a US Federal Interstate issue. File a formal complaint outlining the scenario to The Bureau of Consumer Protection:

The FTC’s Bureau of Consumer Protection stops unfair, deceptive and fraudulent business practices by collecting complaints and conducting investigations, suing companies and people that break the law, developing rules to maintain a fair marketplace, and educating consumers and businesses about their rights and responsibilities.
If people really care they should fill a complain.
Old 30th January 2016
Lives for gear

Rme plus a few digimax plus studio one 3?

Happy

But, their interfaces were like a Ralph Nader wet dream... Unsafe at any speed
Old 30th January 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgood View Post
I wonder if the spotty customer service isn't just a function of a relatively small HW maker who added a SW product... Just not enough folks working on it

I suspect that there must be many more presonus SW users than he customers...
Very wrong statement. Presonus already was a a large hardware company before they added their software division, which indeed initially existed foremost of former Steinberg developers.
I don't have any figures or inside information, but I am convinced their hardware division still is a few magnitudes larger in every way than their software division.
Old 31st January 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAW PLUS View Post
Very wrong statement. Presonus already was a a large hardware company before they added their software division, which indeed initially existed foremost of former Steinberg developers.
I don't have any figures or inside information, but I am convinced their hardware division still is a few magnitudes larger in every way than their software division.
Well, i don't know if it's a wrong statement or not... But, their phone support is just the worst...

Their online support is interesting... It's responsive, but often you end up with various different employees on the same tree sometimes giving wildly different answers to the same question.

The only really big issue with Studio One was after the introduction of ver 3 (win 10 64 bit)... Didn't play well with pace ilok 2.... What an utter cluster ^%*#.... Lots of bad information and Presonus never directly communicated what the problem was... If you weren't a lurker in the forum you would've never learned the work around.
Old 31st January 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgood View Post
I get the impression that the SW and the HW divisions are totally separate... This tends to show its face in small ways, but I'd think that SW would be more profitable for them.
Their hardware division is in Baton Rouge if I'm not mistaken while their software division is somewhere in Germany.

Their software is great and I definitely love S1, but I haven't touched one of their audio interfaces since the firebox way back when and that thing crapped out on me years ago. I was wiling to give them a chance with e 192 since integration with S1 along with all the other great features really seemed like they were turning a new leaf with a quality interface but RTL is important for me as someone who tracks with plugins on.

They really did themselves a disservice imo, I was ready to pay for the product, had cash in hand and everything. I use S1, the convertors are great, what's not to like? Instead I went with an interface that was a bit more expensive but did what I wanted and they lost out on a new customer. What really turned me off what the lack of honesty about the product on their part, and what pissed me off is the lack of solid reviews for the interface from what i thought were respected sources. No information at all about this thing.

Luckily Gearslutz was here to give use the real lowdown on the 192 or I would have really been pissed.

Last edited by apoclypse; 31st January 2016 at 08:48 AM..
Old 31st January 2016
Lives for gear

Their cheap gears used to have electrolytic capacitors made by a company called Chong (I don't know if they still do), and those capacitors would leak or blow up in a few years time. They also sound horrible when used in signal paths. If you are good with soldering iron, try replacing them with Nichicon Muse or Panasonic low ESR ones - you'll be surprised how much difference that alone can make.
Old 31st January 2016
Lives for gear

They have the honor of single handily turning me off to using a usb powered audio device ever again...

I started pro daw work with a PCI Gina in the 90's only to en up with a pci e RME interface now... Works every time.
Old 31st January 2016
Lives for gear

I would never use their interfaces, but the preamps have always been great. The ADL 600 is still one of my favorites, I even have a few Eurekas that I've had since they came out and work perfectly. Their Spectre line is good too.
I bought and immediately sold the Central Station, that thing was a piece of crap.

S1 never clicked with me either. I use to play around with the developers first DAW called Kristal. Was waiting on K2 and then it transformed into S1. But I had since moved on to Pro Tools by then.
Old 31st January 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatz View Post
I would never use their interfaces, but the preamps have always been great. The ADL 600 is still one of my favorites, I even have a few Eurekas that I've had since they came out and work perfectly. Their Spectre line is good too.
Back in the early '90s when I was recording to DA-88 and a Ramsa board, I had the Presonus ACP88 8 channel Compressor/Gate, and it was a great piece for the money, particularly for drums. Later, when I got my first DAW (an RME Gina), I bought the M80 8-channel preamp, and that really nice for the money. It had an IDSS control that would lower the voltage on the FET to add a little harmonic saturation.
Old 2nd February 2016
serious amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by loopy View Post
I truly thank all of my fellow slutz for coming to my aid!
I'm not sure what anyone did except help gripe about Presonus. But everyone certainly did that well. Good luck getting everything resolved.

No axe to grind here. The only Presonus product I have is a Digimax FS. So far so good with that one.
Old 2nd February 2016
Lives for gear

Old 2nd February 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by omtayslick View Post
I'm not sure what anyone did except help gripe about Presonus. But everyone certainly did that well. Good luck getting everything resolved.

No axe to grind here. The only Presonus product I have is a Digimax FS. So far so good with that one.
3 here, rocking
Old 2nd February 2016
Lives for gear

Old 2nd February 2016
Gear Maniac

Quote:

I have a Digimax LT,never had a problem.
Old 2nd February 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by PresonusSupt2 View Post
Hi Loopy,

I'm PresonusSupt2, the administrator of the Presonus forum. I'm reviewing the situation to find out what happened and why.

From what I see of your post history there was no reason for this to have happened. We allow opinions on our site and take great pride in letting our customers voice their opinions of our equipment in a respectable manner.

I will contact you via email as soon as we have finished investigating the situation.

The vast majority of mods rule with an iron fist. I wasn't banned but I ask (maybe you) to have everything deleted. Whoever the idiot was sent me an email that could only be viewed if you had a presonus account Oh well, just glad I don't waste my time anymore.

Didn't used to be that way. Before the "let's make every kiss-ass a moderator" days (right about the time the new forum was made) it was the best place. People shared ideas, the were friends, people enjoyed coming to the site.

Good riddance of anything presonus.
Old 3rd February 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:

A LOT and I mean A LOT of fellow Slutz complained that I got banned... It certainly helped I'm sure. Just to set the record straight, Presonus did the right thing and reinstated me. Also, I really have no ax to grind against them or any other company. And like I stated, I'm the ultimate Studio One V3 fanboy.. Fantastic DAW and I've been a supporter since V1 and have remained with the Presonus gang because I like the direction they are heading with Studio One.

In the end, I think it was just an overzealous Mod and a misunderstanding and I'm going to leave it like that. I currently use S3 and a Faderport and they work great for me and always have and I will plug them every chance I get.

In the end, use what works for you and forget what others are saying. Nothing wrong with doing research but it all boils down to creativity, type of workflow and what works for one user may suck for another.
Choose your poison and let's create!
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 

Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search