The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Mackie Onyx 1604i in 88.2 Khz
Old 25th January 2016
Here for the gear

Mackie Onyx 1604i in 88.2 Khz

Hey fellow slutz,

I have a little problem with my 1640i mixer.
It supports 88.2 Khz sample rate but I can't set it, neither in Cubase nor in the driver settings...
I read somewhere that Windows 7 doesn't support 88.2 Khz.
Is that true? And if so, does anyone know if there's a workaround?
Old 25th January 2016
Lives for gear

So in Cubase project setup sample rate there is no 88.2 option??

Also make sure you're not trying to do this with the lowest buffer setting.
Old 25th January 2016
Here for the gear

Hey stella645,

thanks for your answer!
Yeah, I can set it in the project setup, but everytime I want to play for example a track on youtube or a sound from windows occurs, cubase automaticly sets back to 48 Khz because I can't set 88.2 in the parameters of the in and outputs in windows... Only 44.1, 48 and 96.

Sorry, it is hard to explain in english. I hope you understand what I mean.

EDIT: OK, found a little workaround, but it's not really stable... First of all, I muted the system sounds. Second, there is an option in Cubase which says something like: deactivate ASIO driver, when the program is running in background mode.
So now, when I minimize cubase and go to youtube, the driver switches to 48 Khz. When I stop the music and go back to cubase and play something there, the drivers switch back to 88.2 Khz.
But as I said, it's not really stable... Does anyone know a better solution? Is there like a third party pogram to let windows run with 88.2 Khz?
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search