The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
what drum machine should i get to trigger battery?
Old 29th January 2007
Lives for gear

what drum machine should i get to trigger battery?

i currently am using an mpc1000, but midi beat clock is not working well with digital performer. i don't care about sample memory, just timing. seems like getting an mpc2000 might be my best choice as it slaves to midi time code. any other possible ideas?

or is there some other way to slave my mpc1000 that i am not thinking of?

thanks in advance.
Old 29th January 2007
Here for the gear

hi,
i have had similar problems in the past - midi sync to DAW sequencers can be annoying.
your midi interface could be a problem, i have heard PCI interfaces are best, there is also the new Elektron Turbo midi box. I also think that the JJ os for the MPC1000 has some more MTC sync options so check that out too. Run the MPC as slave....

just some ideas.
Old 29th January 2007
Lives for gear

i think i have a good midi interface...unitor 8. solid beat clock with logic, but whack with dp.

i will check out the jj os. is that the japanese os?

not sure how i would hook up the turbo midi interface or if it would help. my guess is that dp is sending a bad beat clock.
Old 29th January 2007
Lives for gear

oh snap! the jj os has added midi time code. just downloaded it so i will test it tonight and report back.
Old 29th January 2007
Old 29th January 2007
Lives for gear

o.k. got jj installed and synced my mpc100 to dp via mtc. there is still a latency of 6 tick when i record midi back to dp. the solution to this is built into the jj o.s. which allows for selectable midi timing offsets.

but, here's the catch with jj, i think...

the akai mpc timing/feel which is what makes it an mpc is not the same with jj. jj makes the timing exact, which is not as good. anyone know if there is a way to keep my original mpc timing while using jj. i am trying to read the manuals, but they are really hard to decipher.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search