The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Why did Avid get rid of the Phasesope and where can I get an equal replacement??? DAW Software
Old 21st January 2016
Gear Head

Why did Avid get rid of the Phasesope and where can I get an equal replacement???

WHY???? Arguably the most important tool an engineer can have and they removed it. I can't possibly understand why they would make a decision to simply not include it in Pro Tools 11 on.

First off, does anyone have an idea of why they would do that? Perhaps there's a good reason but I just cant imagine what it could be.

Secondly, where can I find a replacement with a phase correlations meter?

I know there are other phase scopes out there (blue cat, fluxe) but they do not have 'meters'.

I suppose I can get a hardware unit if there's simply no plugin available. But that just seems like a lateral move at best.

Any information on why and where I can get a replacement would be greatly appreciated.
Old 21st January 2016
Lives for gear

i'm now using Flux Stereo Tool.

there was a thread on the DUC about Phasescope going away, here.

edit: oh, i saw you already mentioned flux. never mind.
Old 22nd January 2016
Gear Head

Any update on this?
Old 23rd January 2016
Lives for gear

Check those HOFA 4U freebies..
HOFA 4U - Free VST, VST3, AU, RTAS, AAX Plugins | HOFA-Plugins

Besides weird gray-orange scheme (which is subjective of course and one can accustom to it), they are very handy for various tasks (especially its Fader) and also AAX compatible.
Goniometer & Korrelator is switchable between Goniometer with different curves (peak, avg energy.. etc.) and also correlation meter. It isn't classic -1/+1 meter, but shows also width in stereo, so out of phase signals are being displayed in the bottom (negative) half of meter.
http://hofa-plugins.de/media/plugins...iometer_en.pdf

One thing, I don't get, mentioned Flux Stereo tools has also its -1/+1 correlation meter at its bottom with the exact same functionality as Phasesope.. What's wrong with that? Or what meters you want?

Michal
Old 23rd January 2016
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmucr View Post
Check those HOFA 4U freebies..
HOFA 4U - Free VST, VST3, AU, RTAS, AAX Plugins | HOFA-Plugins

Besides weird gray-orange scheme (which is subjective of course and one can accustom to it), they are very handy for various tasks (especially its Fader) and also AAX compatible.
Goniometer & Korrelator is switchable between Goniometer with different curves (peak, avg energy.. etc.) and also correlation meter. It isn't classic -1/+1 meter, but shows also width in stereo, so out of phase signals are being displayed in the bottom (negative) half of meter.
http://hofa-plugins.de/media/plugins...iometer_en.pdf

One thing, I don't get, mentioned Flux Stereo tools has also its -1/+1 correlation meter at its bottom with the exact same functionality as Phasesope.. What's wrong with that? Or what meters you want?

Michal
Opps... I totally spaced, didn't even notice it had one. I guess I was just used to the super simple PT phase scope. The Fluxe has so many bells and whistles I just didn't see it had a meter. I'll give it a shot. Thanks for the heads up.
Top Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search