The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
NI Komplete on sale? Wait? Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 18th January 2016
Gear Head
NI Komplete on sale? Wait?

Hi
I'm looking at getting Native Instruments Komplete (not ultimate).
But since it's a fair amount of money, and Komplete 10 was released 15 months ago, I'm hesitant..

I heard that Native Instruments had previous Komplete "summer sales".
Should I wait for the coming summer or something else?
Another flipside to waiting 4-7 months, is that the next version upgrade (winter?) comes even closer
Old 18th January 2016
Lives for gear

NI has -50% summer sales. Last xmas sales didn't have Komplete on sale so they probably do it in Summer. Rumours say that K11 don't come out before Kontakt 6 is ready and it's not even in closed beta yet.
Old 18th January 2016
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Burrito View Post
NI has -50% summer sales. Last xmas sales didn't have Komplete on sale so they probably do it in Summer. Rumours say that K11 don't come out before Kontakt 6 is ready and it's not even in closed beta yet.
That sounds very good
Besides the wait for summer ofc
Thanks
Old 18th January 2016
Lives for gear

native always drop komplete upgrades every year I did it last year..also if complete 11 is coming out which most people are sure it is then ni will drop k10 upgrades as soon as they can..they also have easter sales im betting if k11 is coming out this year ni will drop k10 upgrades then ..
Old 18th January 2016
Gear Maniac

Never pay full price for software unless the dev expressly says they don't do sales (like DMG for instance).
Old 18th January 2016
Lives for gear

But the 50% summer sale is only for upgrades, corss grades and updates. You can't buy the full product on sale.

So in the meantime look for: a license of a previous komplete version, kontakt (2-5), reaktor (2-5) or guitar rig license, Maschine or a Kontrol S controller.

Updates full price is 200 for Komplete and 400 for Ultimate. Full price for Crossgrades: 400 for K and 800 for Ultimate.
Old 19th January 2016
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by login View Post
But the 50% summer sale is only for upgrades, corss grades and updates. You can't buy the full product on sale.

So in the meantime look for: a license of a previous komplete version, kontakt (2-5), reaktor (2-5) or guitar rig license, Maschine or a Kontrol S controller.

Updates full price is 200 for Komplete and 400 for Ultimate. Full price for Crossgrades: 400 for K and 800 for Ultimate.
Not true, I bought Komplete 9 Ultimate during a summer sale for 50% off. Full product, not an update or upgrade.

They include both the full product and updates/upgrades in their sales.
Old 19th January 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexe View Post
Not true, I bought Komplete 9 Ultimate during a summer sale for 50% off. Full product, not an update or upgrade.

They include both the full product and updates/upgrades in their sales.
Sorry, yeah sometimes there are sales onthe full product, they do seem rare Ultimate Outsider: Native Instruments Sales on Komplete, Maschine, and Traktor: A Historical Review
Old 19th January 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by login View Post
Sorry, yeah sometimes there are sales onthe full product, they do seem rare Ultimate Outsider: Native Instruments Sales on Komplete, Maschine, and Traktor: A Historical Review
Not too rare: 2013 and 2014 had one. Before K9 and K10 came. So they probably discount K10 before K11 comes. If you buy K10 -50% and the upgrade to K11 with full price it is eventually same price as you have bought K11.

Still it might be cheaper to by really old Komplete for few bucks and upgrade when discount comes.

I skipped last -50% upgrade from K9. Will upgrade to KU11 eventually.
Old 19th January 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Burrito View Post
Not too rare: 2013 and 2014 had one. Before K9 and K10 came. So they probably discount K10 before K11 comes. If you buy K10 -50% and the upgrade to K11 with full price it is eventually same price as you have bought K11.

Still it might be cheaper to by really old Komplete for few bucks and upgrade when discount comes.

I skipped last -50% upgrade from K9. Will upgrade to KU11 eventually.
Also important to point that those sales on the complete product are not 50% off, much lower like 20%.

Looking for reaktor 5 (or lower) or kontakt second hand might be the cheapest option, then maybe maschine mikro.
Old 2nd March 2016
I own Komplete 8 Ultimate and i wonder if i should update to 10 Ultimate during this sale or not. It seems like they only allow for Ultimate updates from 2 versions below the current, so it would be "my last chance" to take advantage of the regular update path at a discounted price?
I'm only really looking into the Komplete browser while most other new stuff is rather nice to have to me.

If i waited for Ultimate 11, what options would i have in terms of possible discounts? Do i understand it correctly, that regular Komplete update path reaches back to version 2, but in case of Ultimate you "have to" update every 2 years?

Thanks for your advice!
Old 2nd March 2016
Gear Head
By the way: NI has launched spring sale right now.
https://www.native-instruments.com/e...ng-into-sound/
Old 2nd March 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by LK3D View Post
It seems like they only allow for Ultimate updates from 2 versions below the current, so it would be "my last chance" to take advantage of the regular update path at a discounted price?!
Was there Komplete Ultimate 7?
I don't remember and google don't help. If 8 was first Ultimate then it's same than with Komplete.

I'll wait K11 and -50% discount for next update. I'll crossgrade to ultimate then. I just paid 100€ for Reaktor update :/
Old 2nd March 2016
Lives for gear

I upgraded too k10u ages ago and I'm very happy I did its well worth the upgrade its worth the price for the heavyocity and fx plugins.
Old 2nd March 2016
Does anybody know, if 8 was the first version of ultimate and whether it will be eligible for an update to Komplete 11 Ultimate?
Old 2nd March 2016
Gear Head

Hopefully I can just upgrade Guitar Rig and not the entire line.
Old 3rd March 2016
I won a FREE full version of Komplete 2 years ago, when i worked for an audio retailer. A few months back i noticed i could upgrade to komplete 10 (from2-9), "Final chance" upgrade for only $199! I had a $25 voucher so i got it for $175! Never been more happy, i use it with Maschine. Now i can pay $249 and have Komplete ultimate, im probably gonna do it tomorrow
Old 7th March 2016
FYI: NI support confirmed that 8 was the first version of Ultimate and that it will be eligible for all future updates of Ultimate.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search