The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Safire Pro 40 cut offs? Also, PreSonus 26x26
Old 3rd January 2016
Gear Maniac

Safire Pro 40 cut offs? Also, PreSonus 26x26

Hello,
My Safire Pro 40, every 30 minutes or so, makes the sound go mute for about 3 seconds or so, it resumes and then about 2 seconds later it does it for 3 more seconds. It then works normal until 30 minutes longer. Rough estimate.

I have never had this issue, I've been using it for years. However, I have always plugged the thunderbolt cable into my Apple Thunderbolt display. The firewire port on the display died so I've been plugging it in my old Macbook, which is hooked to the display. It is a 2012 Macbook Pro which has a firewire port. I have a newer Retina Macbook Pro but I can't use it because I don't have a firewire adapter.

It's definitely not a spec issue, the specs are pretty much the same as my top of the line Retina Macbook. I'm not getting any kind of latency at all. I downloaded the new drivers.

I read somewhere that the internal clock isn't great. I have no idea what the internal clock does. Just a layman understanding. Could it be the clock going bad?

It can cut out during an important take. It is not the software, Logic Pro X, because it does it even while watching YouTube videos.

If I can't fix it, I was thinking about getting the firewire PreSonus 26x26 or one of the Mackie ones with 8 pre amps. I know the Firewire Pro 40 will work as a standalone, can I Adat the saffire to the Mackie Oynx or PreSonus?
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search