The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Work and collaborate DAW Software
Old 2nd January 2016

Work and collaborate

"Work and collaborate on projects from other apps
Collaboration has never been easier. With Pro Tools, you can exchange sessions with any Pro Tools user or studio. Or work on projects created in other audio and video software—including Media Composer, Logic, Cubase, and other third-party apps—right in Pro Tools."

Why do AVID say this? Its misleading isn't it? Surely? That isn't something unique to PT. One can throw wavs between systems as much as you like!!
Old 2nd January 2016
Gear Guru

well, it has not been rolled out yet so this is all hearsay until it is not Vaporware ...
Old 2nd January 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwh1192 View Post
well, it has not been rolled out yet so this is all hearsay until it is not Vaporware ...
The point I'm making his they've had that statement on their website for 11 years. Its misleading! It implies opening other DAW sessions doesn't it? OR is that just me?
Old 2nd January 2016
Gear Guru

you are not crazy .. 11 years must be for swapping sessions between PT folks ... i misunderstood and thought you were speaking of the new Cloud Collaboration ...

and i fully agree it can be misleading ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by narcoman View Post
The point I'm making his they've had that statement on their website for 11 years. Its misleading! It implies opening other DAW sessions doesn't it? OR is that just me?
Old 2nd January 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwh1192 View Post
you are not crazy .. 11 years must be for swapping sessions between PT folks ... i misunderstood and thought you were speaking of the new Cloud Collaboration ...

and i fully agree it can be misleading ..
The cloud thing will be cool - I'm using Gobbler for such things now but its a bit cumbersome.

Yeah - im a bit puzzled why, for years, they've used the phrase that implies (but doesn't implicitly state) "you can work with stuff from other DAWs" ... sound like a brilliant opening thing (which of course it isn't) but in reality just nods towards what every other DAW does.... we share audio between them!!
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search