The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
zoom UAC-2 USB 3 INTERFACE ..anyone tried one?got to be cheapest usb3 out there.. Audio Interfaces
Old 2nd January 2016
Lives for gear

zoom UAC-2 USB 3 INTERFACE ..anyone tried one?got to be cheapest usb3 out there..

I currently use a tc electroinic konnekt6 firewire interface and I love it but it seems firewire is being fazed out for thunderbolt and most interfaces I can find are usb2 but ive used those in the past and they all under perform my trusty konekt 6 so im looking for a new one ..hopefully usb 3 as that has faster speeds than usb2 and will last longer than firewire.

cheapest one I can find is the zoom uac-2 its usb3 but is it good?i cant find reviews on it andcan only find info on the thunderbolt version and that's got good reviews..my only concern is I had a zoom 1206 many years ago and it was ok but its inputs would hiss like a popped car tyre .

id like usb 3 but range is limited?or should I just stick with my konnkkt 6 and hope tc electrnic still make drivers for it?thanks
Old 2nd January 2016
Tui
Gear Guru

I use a UAC-2 for live gigs. I'm very happy with it. Latencies are very low, and sound quality with in- and outputs is impressive for this kind of money. Drivers are generally stable, but on my studio machine (I only use Mac) there is an odd incompatibility with Automap. I have been in touch with Novation about it, but they have not been able to resolve it yet.

Other than that...
Old 2nd January 2016
Lives for gear

thanks for replying are the inputs quite and clean?
Old 2nd January 2016
Tui
Gear Guru

Yup, quiet and clean.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search