The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Synthtopia: Best DAW of 2015 DAW Software
Old 1st January 2016
Synthtopia: Best DAW of 2015

Synthtopia just concluded their 2015 survery regarding the best DAW. Ableton, followed by Logic, and lastly Bitwig all made the winners circle:

http://www.synthtopia.com/content/20...15/#more-67983

The 10 Best Desktop DAWs Of 2015

Ableton Live is followed by Logic Pro, in second place. New DAW on the block Bitwig Studio took third place.

Ableton Live 29%
Logic Pro 15%
Bitwig Studio 12%
Digital Performer 7%
Propellerhead Reason 6%
Cubase 5%
Cockos Reaper 4%
FL Studio 4%
Renoise 3%
PreSonus Studio One 3%

Of note, DP is fourth and was not on the top 10 last year. Good for MOTU!
Old 1st January 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by MusiKLover View Post
Synthtopia just concluded their 2015 survery regarding the best DAW. Ableton, followed by Logic, and lastly Bitwig all made the winners circle:

http://www.synthtopia.com/content/20...15/#more-67983

The 10 Best Desktop DAWs Of 2015

Ableton Live is followed by Logic Pro, in second place. New DAW on the block Bitwig Studio took third place.

Ableton Live 29%
Logic Pro 15%
Bitwig Studio 12%
Digital Performer 7%
Propellerhead Reason 6%
Cubase 5%
Cockos Reaper 4%
FL Studio 4%
Renoise 3%
PreSonus Studio One 3%

Of note, DP is fourth and was not on the top 10 last year. Good for MOTU!
Here is the correct Link:

http://www.synthtopia.com/content/20...-daws-of-2015/
Old 2nd January 2016
Gear Maniac
It's quite odd that Pro Tools isn't there, especially when you consider it's the industry standard. Actually, maybe it isn't.

I was also surprised that Ableton ran away with so much. Not that I'm not fond of Ableton, but I would have thought to see Studio One, and especially Reaper do better.
Old 2nd January 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeybabes View Post
It's quite odd that Pro Tools isn't there, especially when you consider it's the industry standard. Actually, maybe it isn't.

I was also surprised that Ableton ran away with so much. Not that I'm not fond of Ableton, but I would have thought to see Studio One, and especially Reaper do better.
There's a lot more hobbyists and small guys than "industry" guys. It isn't surprising to see PT low at all.
Old 2nd January 2016
Lives for gear

Music Radar did a similar article a little earlier this year. Results were a bit different, but still somewhat similar.

The 20 best DAW software apps in the world today | MusicRadar
Old 2nd January 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avening View Post
Music Radar did a similar article a little earlier this year. Results were a bit different, but still somewhat similar.

The 20 best DAW software apps in the world today | MusicRadar
I hear ya -- check this one out from Novembre too. https://ask.audio/articles/the-top-1...-you-voted-for

Ableton is #1 , Logic #2 in two of three public surveys, each having a slightly different audience.

That's statistically significant as they ranked #2 & #3 in the third, respectively.
Old 3rd January 2016
Lives for gear

Hurrah I use #1 and #2 for my work. Not that a specific DAW does not matter, it's all about execution. I could get by with GarageBand if needed.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search