The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Waves Abbey Road vs Ozone 7 Advanced upgrade
Old 31st December 2015
Waves Abbey Road vs Ozone 7 Advanced upgrade

Waves Abbey Road Collection is on sale for 349$, but I can upgrade to Ozone 7 Advanced for 250$. In my opinion, the Abbey Road Collection is overpriced, but the sound of Pink Floyd tempts me to buy it. On the other hand, Ozone 7 includes Vintage emulations (EQ, compressor, tape & limiter) + a bunch of other stuff that I didn't have in the standard Ozone 6. I'm just wondering what's best to buy? (Need quick response before the sale is over)
Old 31st December 2015
Lives for gear

Both are good. But completely different products, so I guess you won't be seeing many replies...
Old 31st December 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbackdoor View Post
Both are good. But completely different products, so I guess you won't be seeing many replies...
I am wondering which one will be more helpful. I have the TB Reelbus and Native Instruments Komplete 9 Ultimate, so I've got some vintage style plugins. But, I am wondering if it's worth upgrading from Ozone 6 Standard to Ozone 7 Advanced? Is the new vintage tape, EQ, compressor and limiter good? Is the Dynamic EQ good? In other words, is it worth 250$ or should I wait until Ozone 8? Is the Abbey Road Collection great, like helping extremely? Or is it just adding a little bit of tone?
Old 31st December 2015
Lives for gear
The two products are so dissimilar that comparing them makes no sense. Buy whichever you think will be more useful to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HavardS View Post
Waves Abbey Road Collection is on sale for 349$, but I can upgrade to Ozone 7 Advanced for 250$. In my opinion, the Abbey Road Collection is overpriced, but the sound of Pink Floyd tempts me to buy it. On the other hand, Ozone 7 includes Vintage emulations (EQ, compressor, tape & limiter) + a bunch of other stuff that I didn't have in the standard Ozone 6. I'm just wondering what's best to buy? (Need quick response before the sale is over)
Old 31st December 2015
Gear Maniac
Have you tried the Waves website year end sale? Abbey Road is on sale for 299.00. There's a Holliday bag offer.
Old 1st January 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingafuego View Post
Have you tried the Waves website year end sale? Abbey Road is on sale for 299.00. There's a Holliday bag offer.
Yeah, I checked what I got in the bag, but it wasn't the Abbey Road Collection. However, I found a website called everyplugin.com, which sells the collection for 100$ less. Anyone got any experience with them? Think I might postpone the Ozone upgrade since it seems I will be able to upgrade for 250$ at any time.

UPDATE:
I decided to only buy the plugin(s) I needed, so I bought Waves' EMI TG12345. Since I already had TB Reelbus, a bunch of compressors and EQs and a previous version of Ozone, I only found that plugin necessary.
Old 1st January 2016
Gear Maniac

I love EveryPlugin.com -- very good experiences with lots of orders and great customer service.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search