The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Opening a Pro Tools LE v5.1 in PT 6.4?
Old 23rd January 2007
Here for the gear

Opening a Pro Tools LE v5.1 in PT 6.4?

Hello! I'm in need of some Pro Tools troubleshooting help...

I've just spent three long (great) days tracking songs into LE v.5.1 at a studio running running OS 9. I had planned on dumping everything to an external and mixing it in LE 6.4 (in OS X) at my studio in a different city 90 miles away.

I thought it'd work fine, but now I can't get my Pro Tools set-up to recognize the PT session files. They just come up as generic "exec" file icons. I tried adding a ".ptf" extention to them. That changed them to the Pro Tools icon, but when I tried opening them I got a message that said that the version was too old.

This is my first time attempting such a task. Any ideas? Of course the band needs mixes by the end of next weekend. Lovely!

Jackson
Old 23rd January 2007
How was your external drive formatted? What file type did you use (sd2, WAV, AIFF)?

Rail
Old 23rd January 2007
Here for the gear

I believe the Firewire drive was formatted so it would work on both Mac/PC. Does that mean that it should work with both OS 9 and with OS X versions? The audio is in .wav format.

I'm totally stuck right now....

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search