The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Best Daily AU Plugins?
Old 16th February 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisj View Post
http://store.kagi.com/cgi-bin/store....D=6FEGJ_LIVE&&

Enjoy- the store just opened, an hour ago.

I'll try to get lots of mp3 sound examples up when time permits.

Your Store seems not to be there
Old 16th February 2007
Airwindows

You must be posting in the last hour or so- what's happening is Kagi's server is passed out drunk on the floor, or something

This one should give you a Red Hat Apache default page.
http://store.kagi.com/?6FEGJ_LIVE&lang=en

_Everybody's_ Kagi stores are down, it's not just me. They were having a bit of trouble earlier- I bet they'll be really frantic tomorrow to fix everything. Try it again later...

I've got a bunch of modulation plug examples on the main Slut forum, and the audio examples are on my server, not Kagi's, so you can go study them and whet your appetite for Kagi's return.
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/music-computers/109943-orgy-slutty-modulation-plugs.html

If anyone's order ever gets messed up so you pay and something goes wrong on Kagi's end, I promise I'll get the plugs to you immediately- I have copies of them too, you know, and Kagi aren't going to be mad about me pitching in to help customers. I don't want to actually take money directly for them, though. You gotta wait.

Here's a thread with someone else's server going down, except THEIR software apparently needs to phone home in order to work :o :o :o
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/so-much-gear-so-little-time/109920-toontracks-com-down.html

Let Kagi get their act together (they're usually really good!) and go buy lots of plugins from me because if you HAD lots of Airwindows plugins, you'd be laughing- because none of my stuff has to phone anywhere for permission to work. If you've got it, it is guaranteed to run for you with no excuses or fuss this business with the servers only re-emphasizes my determination NEVER TO USE copyprotect mechanisms like that, no matter what, like not even if the guy from Antress gets them and tries to give them all away pretending he did them... not that that will ever happen- no GUI faceplates to edit the 'UA' logos off of!

Cheers- hope my storefront-people fix their problem so you can go shopping soon
Old 17th February 2007
Lives for gear

thx chris the store is all working fine now

Anyway I bought five plugs this morning and was very very pleased so I went back later and bought five more.the Tape emulator really is great and IMHO blows the DUY plug away.The Harmonic generator plugin really is unique and Im really enjoying
the coloration and harmonics it can achieve.Ive got a feeling once poeple catch on how
good these plugs are that you will sell plenty.Im expecting more great plugs to come from Chris and Im well excited.
Old 17th February 2007
Airwindows

...redroom has also done another thing- I was so delighted that he liked the plugs that I wrote him thanking him and asking what else he'd like to see. Currently I'm working on an ambience-heightening plug, a pitch shifter, something inspired by the SansAmp Bass DI, and a sort of delay/EQ/toneshaper thing.

He's looking for a Eventide-stylee harmonizer plug and a compressor with lots of color akin to the UAD Neve 33609.

So, the other things are if not backburnered then simmering off to the side a bit- and the next plug Airwindows releases WILL BE the pitch shifter, it'll be called Harmonizer, and in fact the whole angle I was approaching the plug from was already very akin to the old-school harmonizer algorithms, so everybody wins. I'm excited to give this a whirl, wish me luck as I try to get the most awesome harmonizer plug ever to run on a computer. It's going to have exactly the same tone quality as the Vibrato (because it'll use the same interpolation and delay tap technology) and the trick will be splicing one end of the buffer to the other when zero is crossed. And I've got some ideas on that score that don't involve doing countless teeny crossfades- so I should be able to get even more texture than some of the old school harmonizer implementations- IF my nefarious plans work.

Also, I'll be studying the sound of the 33609 as a model for 'great colorful vocal/etc compressor'. I know some people have been having trouble with my vari-mu plug Pressure, because it's simply not geared for lots of gain reduction, it either sounds really transparent or it chokes. I'll be doing a separate compressor plug for the color stuff rather than trying to fix Pressure, because I need Pressure to do what it does the way it does it, more than I need a color compressor

Cheers
Old 25th May 2007
Gear Nut

Please excuse my ignorance but what does AU mean? I have a Dual 2.0 G5, will they work with what I have?

Thanks everyone!!
Old 25th May 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by quincyg View Post
i wish echofarm was au. sountoys will be a must have.
Gearbox is basically echo farm and amp farm in one (and bass pod). Its awesome.
Old 25th May 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
Please excuse my ignorance but what does AU mean? I have a Dual 2.0 G5, will they work with what I have?

Thanks everyone!!
It's the plug-in format used by Logic.
Old 17th June 2007
Gear Nut

And Digital Performer, Garageband, Soundtrack.
Old 18th June 2007
Plug-ins I use every day:

Logic Plug-ins and instruments
reFX Vanguard
Spectrasonics Trilogy
Antares Auto-Tune
IK CSR Reverb
Sonalksis SV-315 (Compressor)
Sonalksis SV-517 (EQ)
Waves Renaissance Compressor
Waves L1
Waves L2
Waves Phase Linear MB+EQ
Sony Oxford Limiter
Sony Oxford Inflator

Here are some free plug-ins of good quality (near top of the page) - lots of AU
Popmusic.dk - Links - The Ultimative Link List - Articles - Free Plug-ins - Gear - Equipment - Links Overview
Old 18th June 2007
Lives for gear

Get the SoundToys Native Bundle, as soon as you can...

Then I agree on getting some Sonalksis products, also try FabFilter stuff...

of course here we're mostly talking about fx, don't know if you're interested in instruments too...
Old 18th June 2007
I'm pretty happy with only sonalkssis and some free airwindows plugs...

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search