The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Hackintosh - Focusrite, Apollo, Thunderbolt Audio Interfaces
Old 18th December 2015
Lives for gear

Hackintosh - Focusrite, Apollo, Thunderbolt

I just built my i7-4790K, Z97-UD7, Thunderbolt 2 hackintosh. I'm dual booting Yosemite (10.10.5) and Windows 7. I don't currently have any thunderbolt devices, but I do have Apple's Firewire to Thunderbolt adapter, and I'm using it with my Focusrite Liquid Saffire 56 (a firewire interface). So I'm going Saffire into thunderbolt adapter, into Thunderbolt 2 port.

On Windows 7, everything works great. In OS X, sound works through the LS56, but none of the meters in Saffire Control move when audio plays. Has anyone encountered this, or know of a fix?

I've been wanting to get an Apollo, but if I have the same issue of no meters, I might have to reconsider. Do the meters in the Apollo software work on a hackintosh?
Old 18th December 2015
Lives for gear

Whoops, just a software setting. Somehow OS X needed a "Restore Factory Settings" in Saffire Control, whereas Windows 7 did not. All fixed now!
Old 18th August 2016
HKP
Here for the gear

So you have got the Apollo interface Thunderbolt working on your hackintosh now? I just recently bought an Apollo 8p Thunderbolt 2 interface and I want to build and hackintosh that could support this. I´m a noob tho and I have never built an hackintosh before so I could really need some inputs from you guys that knows this stuff better then me.

Thank you for reading!
Old 18th August 2016
Lives for gear

I would also like to hear more detail of your build....

Thanks!
Old 19th August 2016
Lives for gear

Me too.
Old 19th August 2016
Lives for gear

Did you build the machine or did you purchase it ready to go?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search