The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Wish list for plugin effects/instruments...what do you wish was available that isn't?
Old 22nd January 2007
Lives for gear

Wish list for plugin effects/instruments...what do you wish was available that isn't?

Just curious....what do you wish was out there in the plugin world that hasn't been made yet? Effects? Instruments? Features? A special Gui idea?

And maybe a programmer will see some of these and answer our needs.
Old 22nd January 2007
Gear Addict

A realistic brass/woodwind emulation in a softsynth (apparently it's in the works and soon for a beta release). We have emulation for a piano (Pianoteq) and for strings (AAS String Studio) and Electric Piano (Lounge Lizard), and I think Tassman and Ultra Analog have the synth covered). I do hope AAS releases a "Wind Studio", as that would make their modelling collection just that much more attractive, that's not to say that it isn't attractive, it's *very* attractive right now as it is.

A plugin that combines pretty much everything you'd need for mixing and mastering (filters, effects, compressors, channel strip, EQ, etc) in a single plugin. I know there are some out there that are close.

A realistic tube/analog saturation emulation. There are some that are close but not quite enough to sound good for mastering effects.

Cognitone Harmony Navigator and MPS has the song idea/composing/harmony navigaton aspect sorted out. Great job there! I can't believe how easy it is to get a decent chord progression in any chosen scale.

Ben
Old 22nd January 2007
Gear Head

A combinator for regular VST and also a VST formatt that you can load into any VST you want.

Of course certain requirements would have to be meant I mean you can't load a 8 band EQ preset into a 6 band preset. Although I would think you could achieve that later on.
Old 22nd January 2007
Lives for gear

the "Hit" and "Suck" buttons...jk.

Disclaimer: there might be plugins below i listed that's already out. i just haven't found one IME...

a believable tape saturation plugin.

a plugin that pans up and down (see holophonic sounds).

Distressor in a plugin. not a workaround or a "similar" vibe. the real deal.

a plugin reverb that can be heard but doesn't draw attention to itself. i haven't heard one yet.

a "smart" De-Esser that tracks all bad s's and leaves the good ones alone.

sample accurate Latency Fixer for Logic and DP.

Tremolo with programmable shapes (other than the usual square or triangle shapes), not unlike some synths where the shapes has a unique rhythmic pattern. there might be one like this, i just haven't encountered a plugin like this yet.

a plugin that will make other hard-to-read GUI plugins into easy-to-read GUI.

maybe not plugin but related: RTAS to AU (or VST) wrapper; PPC-plugin to Intel-plugin wrapper; and/or Windows-plugin to Apple-plugin wrapper.

now get to work ppl, lol.
Old 22nd January 2007
Lives for gear

There aren't enough good phase shifter options.
Old 22nd January 2007
Well... call me a dreamer... but I keep waiting for that great -- free -- streaming Grand Piano library... heh

I think my most typical frustration is in finding good guitar trem... every time I decide I want one it seems like I go through all my modulation plugs, one after the other, Goldilocks-stylie... What should be so hard about getting a good trem, I just don't know.
Old 22nd January 2007
Lives for gear

Oberheim 8 voice with the SEM modules. I know a Reaktor refill or whatever they
call the front end exists, but I want a full blown plugin like the Minimoog V, or the
other Arturia emulations.
Old 23rd January 2007
Gear Head

the entire eletroharminix pedal collection

the entire electroharminix pedal collection

esp. the infamous mutron III

yabba-dooza!!!!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search