2 soundcards in 1 PC
Old 21st January 2007
Gear Head

2 soundcards in 1 PC

I am wondering if it is easy to use 2 soundcars on 1 PC. The soundcards in question are: RME DIGI968/PRO which is a PCI-card, and M-Audio Profire Lightbridge, which connects to the computer through a firewire cable. We dont want to use the 2 soundcards simultaneosly. We use Cubase
Thanks in advance!!

Old 21st January 2007
Lives for gear

shouldn't be a problem. some hardware doesn't like to see other hardware connected..like the digi stuff..you can't use them at the same time but they can both be connected
Old 21st January 2007
Gear Maniac

Still the best thing to do is to have 2 smililar cards to avoid driverissues (asio).
Old 22nd January 2007
Gear interested

I've used multiple cards without issues.

using simultaneously - but with differnt programs.

actually i usually have a second soundcard cheap for "System Default" for media player etc..
Old 11th February 2007
Lives for gear

So lets say for example, you can have Nuendo running using the MOTU HD 192s with the PCI 424 card, go through a summing box and then go into Cubase using a (Insert very high end converter and soundcard here) all on the same computer at the same time?

Welcome to Gearslutz Pro Audio Forum!

Registration benefits include:
  • Ability to make and reply to posts
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get instant lifetime access to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20
  • List your eBay auctions for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search