The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Any signs of Nuendo 4?
Old 20th January 2007
Gear Nut

Any signs of Nuendo 4?

You guys seen Steinberg's Nuendo 4 at NAMM? Let us know, thanks!
Old 20th January 2007
Lives for gear

Old 20th January 2007
Lives for gear

The announcement is target for Q3 2007...BUT this is not written in stone as developments may take longer. I applaud Steinberg for making the announcement ...particularly about the fact it could be delayed beyond that. Prevents the bozos out there from crying about "broken promises" if N4 isn't ready in Q3.
Old 20th January 2007
maq
Gear Nut

I guess it's still too early. N4 is due out Q3 '07.
Old 20th January 2007
Gear Addict

why wait?

http://reaper.fm/index.php

-d. gauss
Old 20th January 2007
Lives for gear

Make it for a Mac and I won't.
Old 20th January 2007
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowdy322 View Post
Make it for a Mac and I won't.

coming very soon... this is early early alpha version:

http://www.cockos.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4220

-d. gauss
Old 20th January 2007
Gear Nut

Incredibly, he's working on it. (Mac)

You know, 2 months ago I took a look at Reaper and thought it was interesting, but nowhere near pro enough to really take seriously.

Now, I'm not so sure. I'm definitely keeping my eye on it...
Old 20th January 2007
Lives for gear

I tried the free Reaper download. Tried the various themes, tried out the workflow, checked out it's midi and external sync capability. The feel of the workflow reminds me a bit of the first version of Samplitude/Red roaster or Acid from about ten years ago.

And just like Reaper promoters continually preach will happen...I went right out, threw my Nuendo 3 away and switched to this fantastic looking, feature rich, great performing $40 daw..well $199 for me since this is my business..........NOT!
Old 20th January 2007
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by d. gauss View Post
coming very soon... this is early early alpha version:

http://www.cockos.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4220

-d. gauss
Can Reaper do all this?

" Up to 10.2 surround sound
- Up to 192k in / 384kHz out Audio recording
- Network Collaboration
- DeClicker PlugIn - Audio Restoration
- DeNoiser PlugIn - Audio Restoration
- TestGenerator PlugIn
- MultiScope PlugIn - Oscilloscope, FFT, Phase,
Jelly-Fish surround sound view
- Mix 8 to 2 PlugIn for Surround Mixdown
- Optional Panner PlugIns for Surround Sound
- Alternate Key Command Sets
- AES-31 Support
- Premier Generic EDL Support
- Open TL 3.0 support
- Edit Mode for syncing events and fades to picture
- Insert Event into Project at Timecode position
- Track Sheet Printing
- Direct import support for M1V (mpeg1) and M2V
(mpeg2) as well as VOB(DVD ripped mpeg2).

- ID Controller support
- TimeBase support - professional synchronizer
- Sony 9-Pin support with Nuendo as master
- Dolby Pro-Logic (Dolby Analog)
Encoder / Decoder
- Support for Dolby Digital (AC3)
Encoder / Decoder
- Support for DTS Encoder / Decoder
- Advanced Crossfade Editor
- Save Offline Process as Batch
- Configurable Menus
- Online Recording Mode - auto punch
in/out when receiving Timecode
- Display Film Formats in Timeline
(Feet and Frames for 16mm and 35mm Film)
- Audio warp to picture
- Scrubbing video via System Link
- Ability to control video playback speed"

Just curious...I know it's a great app.
Old 20th January 2007
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenoodle View Post
I tried the free Reaper download. Tried the various themes, tried out the workflow, checked out it's midi and external sync capability. The feel of the workflow reminds me a bit of the first version of Samplitude/Red roaster or Acid from about ten years ago.

And just like Reaper promoters continually preach will happen...I went right out, threw my Nuendo 3 away and switched to this fantastic looking, feature rich, great performing $40 daw..well $199 for me since this is my business..........NOT!
lol...

Like I said - "keeping my eye on it"...

It's the rate of development that is impressing me most. Once again, as I mentioned earlier, 2 months ago...
Old 20th January 2007
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenoodle View Post
The announcement is target for Q3 2007...BUT this is not written in stone as developments may take longer. I applaud Steinberg for making the announcement ...particularly about the fact it could be delayed beyond that. Prevents the bozos out there from crying about "broken promises" if N4 isn't ready in Q3.
Q3?! You are kidding me? They were originally saying Q1. sigh. Sort of ridiculous. The last update came out back in April. I doubt they will be releasing another update for v. 3 which means we are looking at about a year and a half+ of no updates whatsoever. For a 'pro" software? Typical Steinberg.
Old 20th January 2007
PDC
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animus View Post
Q3?! You are kidding me? They were originally saying Q1. sigh. Sort of ridiculous. The last update came out back in April. I doubt they will be releasing another update for v. 3 which means we are looking at about a year and a half+ of no updates whatsoever. For a 'pro" software? Typical Steinberg.
I was never a Nuendo power user. For you people that are, what are the features/fixes that are supposed to be in 4, or what SHOULD be addressed in 4? Just curious.
Old 20th January 2007
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animus View Post
Are there fixes you require, is your N3 bugged? I don't expect major improvements in updates, mainly to just fix what they screwed up with the last major release. I think steinberg does an excellent job of keeping their flagship clean and painless with non-paid upgrades. I got sick of the PTLE paid upgrades within a major version. Did you expect n4 so soon after cubase4? As long as I can remember stein has released cubase many months in advance of nuendo to iron out any problems before the nuendo release, and thats the way I like it.
Mike
Old 20th January 2007
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMitchell View Post
Are there fixes you require, is your N3 bugged? I don't expect major improvements in updates, mainly to just fix what they screwed up with the last major release. I think steinberg does an excellent job of keeping their flagship clean and painless with non-paid upgrades. I got sick of the PTLE paid upgrades within a major version. Did you expect n4 so soon after cubase4? As long as I can remember stein has released cubase many months in advance of nuendo to iron out any problems before the nuendo release, and thats the way I like it.
Mike
Go take a look at the extensive bugbase at the Nuendo forums and be enlightened. Just because you arn't effect by things doesn't mean others arn't. And if you are happy with no support for almost 2 years then I want you as a customer!

Actually they have leapfrogged back n forth with Nuendo and Cubase releases. And we have been giving the same old story about delayed releases and taking time to iron out bugs etc time and time again. And when it comes out it's still a disaster and needs months of maintenance updates to get it workable. See the initial releases of N2 and N3.
Old 20th January 2007
Gear Maniac

I think they're holding off until all of the bugs are worked out via the public beta, a.k.a. Cubase 4.

Ironically, their determination to release a stable Nuendo 4.0 will lead to it never being released. heh

I say this as a proud Nuendo 3/Cubase 4 owner (I guess).
Old 20th January 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexLakis View Post
Hahahaha!!
Old 21st January 2007
Lives for gear

Cubase is now going to be the Steinberg program geared toward audio and Nuendo is going to be the multimedia program.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search