The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
ilok machine-based licenses - what happens if the computer is formatted?
Old 23rd November 2015
Gear Addict

ilok machine-based licenses - what happens if the computer is formatted?

I can't seem to find any info about this online... for ilok licenses which can be located on a computer as well as a physical ilok (e.g. Soundtoys 5), what happens to the machine-based license if the computer is formatted/stolen/whatever while the license is still on there? Is it recoverable, or is it just gone?
Old 23rd November 2015
Gear Nut

Gone AFAIK, not recoverable unless dev assign you new ones. Have not heard otherwise unless things has changed since. I personally don't use machine auth just for that reason, can't buy ZDT for computer auth
Old 23rd November 2015
For machine iLok authorizations, you're supposed to have a username/password on ilok.com, You can see your machine licenses there. Ideally, you're supposed to deactivate your license before formatting, but I'm pretty sure you can contact the company you bought the plugins from and have it fixed, or ilok themselves.
Old 23rd November 2015
Gear Addict

Hmmm, given ilok's stance with lost hardware iloks (i.e. the dongle *is* the license, tough luck, go buy another license), I wouldn't assume anything when it comes to machine-based licenses...
Old 23rd November 2015
Lives for gear

The best machine based system is waves and Plug-in alliance you can wipe out/transfer/move authorizations even if your format out your machine.
I maybe wrong but I don't see that option in the ILM

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search