The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Memory Allocation Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 20th November 2015
Here for the gear

Memory Allocation

Does anyone know anything about Memory Allocation in Logic Pro X? I'm having some memory issues in the program Garritan JABB3 which is a program for big bands. I'm working with Garritan to correct the problem I'm having and they are asking me to locate options for Memory Allocation in Logic Pro X.
Thanks.
Old 20th November 2015
Lives for gear

Dup of a previous post - it's best you write one instead of filing multiple posts with just more confusion and chaos.
Old 20th November 2015
Here for the gear

Sorry for the double post. I wasn't sure what group I was in.

As far as my Mac, I'm using 16 GB of memory which is the maximum in my computer.

How do I set the default in Logic Pro X to be 64 bit?

Garritan are asking me to look in Preferences of Logic Pro X for anything that says Memory Allocation. I looked and didn't see anything. They're probably not familiar with Logic Pro X.
Old 20th November 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by sus4 View Post
Sorry for the double post. I wasn't sure what group I was in.

As far as my Mac, I'm using 16 GB of memory which is the maximum in my computer.

How do I set the default in Logic Pro X to be 64 bit?

Garritan are asking me to look in Preferences of Logic Pro X for anything that says Memory Allocation. I looked and didn't see anything. They're probably not familiar with Logic Pro X.
As I wrote in your *other posting*, Logic Pro X is 64-bit by default, can't change that.
Old 21st November 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Does anyone know anything about Memory Allocation in Logic Pro X? I'm having some memory issues in the program Garritan JABB3 which is a program for big bands. I'm working with Garritan to correct the problem I'm having and they are asking me to locate options for Memory Allocation in Logic Pro X.
Thanks.
Post your Logic Pro X project, I have JABB3.
Old 21st November 2015
Here for the gear

How do I post my project?
I have a screenshot on my desktop.
Old 21st November 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
How do I post my project?
I have a screenshot on my desktop.
Find a "free" storage provider like Dropbox and post your compressed Logic Pro X project there. Then PM me the URL so I can download it or you can post the URL in this thread, that's up to you.

Don't upload any screenshots, that's not going to help me diagnosis your issue.

To be honest, Garritan should have asked for the same thing so they can see what's going on.
Old 21st November 2015
Here for the gear

You're gonna have to walk me through this process. I'm not as computer literate as you.
How do I get to the Project file and how do I compress it also, what do you mean by PM me?
Thanks for your help I appreciate it.
Top Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search