The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Tascam FW-1884 Troubleshooting Control Surfaces
Old 20th November 2015
Here for the gear
Tascam FW-1884 Troubleshooting

Greetings! I'm a long time reader, but this is the first that I have posted a thread here on Gearslutz. The reason I'm posting is I am in need of some help with a (new-to-me) Tascam FW-1884. I will be primarily using it with an early 2008 white Macbook running OSX 10.7.5 Lion (although have also tested it on a mid-2007 aluminum iMac running Snow Leopard); my DAW is Pro Tools (vs. 9).

So far, I have been able to set it up to work with Pro Tools as both an interface as well as a control surface. Where my issues come in are when I actually try to use it within a session. Either I will lose Firewire on the Tascam, or the computer will fail to recognize the hard drive (external FW drive). If I plug the hard drive into the second FW port of the 1884, the 1884 will work, however the external drive is not recognized. If I plug the hard drive directly into the computer on a separate input, the drive is recognized but the 1884 does not get Firewire to it. If I daisy chain (FW-1884 to hard drive, hard drive to computer) the computer sees the drive, but again the 1884 does not get Firewire.

If I plug the FW-1884 directly into the Macbook and use the system drive for a session, everything works fine (however, it is always recommended to use a separate drive to record audio). What am I doing wrong?

I should mention the hard drive I am using only has 9-pin Firewire connectors, meaning I have to use a 6-pin to 9-pin adapter cable to plug in the drive to both the 1884 as well as my computer. Could that be the source of my frustration right there?

Any help you can provide is much appreciated.

The Kid
Old 20th November 2015
Lives for gear
Sounds like the Tascam is using up most of the FW bandwidth. Have you tried a powered external FW Hub?
Old 20th November 2015
Tui
Gear Guru

Many FW interfaces don't like sharing the FW bus with other devices.

I would get a different external hard-drive for audio, something like a Western Digital Passport USB drive.
Old 20th November 2015
Gear Maniac

Hi, I own and have been using the 1884for the last 5 years.
It's a great piece of kit BUT it's very temperamental, particularly when trying to maintain the FireWire connection. I ffind that it's far more reliable with a Texas Instruments chipset rather than a Via chipset.
You'll find that it sometimes needs a good 30 minute warm up before attempting to connect to your Mac so just power it up, leave it for a while then turn the Mac on.
Also be aware that it's discontinued so there haven't been any new drivers since 2010. Shame really as it's a great device.
Old 20th November 2015
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alndln View Post
Sounds like the Tascam is using up most of the FW bandwidth. Have you tried a powered external FW Hub?
I figured. I may try that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tui View Post
Many FW interfaces don't like sharing the FW bus with other devices.

I would get a different external hard-drive for audio, something like a Western Digital Passport USB drive.
I am using a Mac; Pro Tools does not like USB drives on a Mac, meaning I am stuck with Firewire (unless I decide to take drastic measures and replace the optical drive with a second hard drive).

Quote:
Originally Posted by doughnuts View Post
Hi, I own and have been using the 1884for the last 5 years.
It's a great piece of kit BUT it's very temperamental, particularly when trying to maintain the FireWire connection. I ffind that it's far more reliable with a Texas Instruments chipset rather than a Via chipset.
You'll find that it sometimes needs a good 30 minute warm up before attempting to connect to your Mac so just power it up, leave it for a while then turn the Mac on.
Also be aware that it's discontinued so there haven't been any new drivers since 2010. Shame really as it's a great device.
I am seeing that it is a bit temperamental. Regarding chipset, I really don't have any options when it comes to that, as both the iMac and the Macbook are relatively, "closed" systems; there are no PCI/PCIe slots on either of them to add another FW port.

It's back to the troubleshooting bus. I will see if either using a Firewire drive that is powered (i.e. using a/c instead of the system bus), or a powered hub will work.

Cheers!

The Kid
Old 15th March 2016
Gear Nut

The second firewire port on the Tascam is only for expanding with the FE-8 "side cart" thing you shouldn't use it for daisy chaining other devices.

I've had the Fw 1884 for nearly 13 years, it still works as new but occasionally if it's cold hehe it needs a good warm up to get that damn FW indicator to light up.

As it's a very old unit the FW port you mainly use can get a bit worn out, so try connecting it to your Mac through the second Port.

Hope this helps
Old 16th March 2016
With my reply, I'll share my own somewhat limited experiences with my Tascam FW-1082....

I have a Tascam FW-1082 that I've only been using as a monitor mixer for a few months, until about two weeks ago, I began using it as an interface & controller with lap top PC, then the other day with my desktop PC. I've also noticed it's very finicky getting it recognized & connected. I believe I read that these Tascam FW-1082 & 1884 units should not be shared on any type of hub, but only directly connected to the computer.

So far, I've tried my FW-1082 with my Dell laptop, using a 6 pin to 4 pin cable. The Firewire light on the Tascam has always lit up with the Dell (6 wire to 4-wire cable), but with my desktop the other day, it took several minutes before the Firewire light lit up, and I was using a 6-wire to 6-wire Firewaire cable.

I do not know what kind of Firewire chip either my DEll laptop, or my self-built desktop has. I'm not even sure how I can tell??? My Dell laptop is a Dell XPS M1530 with Win Vista 32 bit home, and my desktop has an ASUS P5KC motherboard, using Win XP Pro 32 bit. I'm also using the latest Tascam 1.80 driver on both machines.

I haven't quite worked out the magic in getting this Tascam FW-1082 consistently, nor quickly recognized. I've tried different power on orders, the computer, then Tascam, or Tascam then computer, and somewhere in berween the DAW software. Nothing seems to allow it to function right away. Before it actually starts to function properly, it always starts out with choppy audio, with quick intermittent pauses during PLAY...slowly I get less 7 less pauses, until it consistently plays normal. This is pretty much the same for the DAW control, transport functions etc, but the PLAY BACK & TRANSPORT/CONTROL is not always working together at 1st, sometimes I get audio, sometimes not, sometimes I get DAW contol, sometimes not. EVENTUALLY I always get audio AND control working, and stays working at some point. So, when everything actually DOES start working....it's ALWAYS remains stable afterwards and working perfectly without dropping out, or losing sync etc.

The above brings me to this "warm up" period, I thought this was the case too at 1st, but then even it I've had this thing warmed up for a good period of time, and have been using it without any drop outs, losing sync etc. The second I power it off, and immediately try to turn it back on again, I have to go through the SAME things i did when it's been sitting cold for hours or even DAYS. I can't see it being literally a 'warming' thing, since it does this even after it's been completely warmed up. It seems to be more of a 'period of time thing' to me.

Oddly enough, I do get a slight different experience between my laptop, and with my desk top....using the same DAW software too. Though the OS's are different. With the desktop, it makes a difference on whether the DAW software is opened up, meaning better to have the software open, THEN turn on the Tascam. On the laptop, this does not make any difference.

More on the 'warm up' thing...when I assumed it needing warming up, I left EVERYTHING on...left to take a shower and get myself together...came back 3--40 minutes later, and it STILL did not make any difference. I always have to go through turning off this, turning off that, opening this & that etc... completely blind and at random. In fact, this random screwing around get's it recognized, synced and everything functioning properly quicker than letting everything sit, powered on for a physical warm up.

Oh, and I find I get best results using Mackie HUI mode in both the Tascam and Cubase DAW software....while using Mackie Emulation and both work too, while using the arrows to change tracks up/down the instrument tracks will get quick bursts of squeals. HUI does NOT do this. Also if I use the native 1082 with the Tascam, and Tascam US-428, it also works well and there are no squeals...although, with this mode, the arrows and scub wheen do not work. Oddly enough, with the native/Tascam 1082 & Tascam US-428 combination mode, the panning has better functionality! With the Mackie Emulation & Mackie HUI modes, panning only works on track #1 , or #2 ...depending if I select the Tascams BANK buttons left or right...any further pressing these buttons do not result in any tracks (3, 4, 5, 6 etc, etc, etc,) from their panning being operated. But again, with the Native 1082 & Tascam US-428 combination panning works on any & ALL tracks, (but again, no arrows or jog functions available).
Old 18th March 2016
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Fogal View Post
With my reply, I'll share my own somewhat limited experiences with my Tascam FW-1082....

I have a Tascam FW-1082 that I've only been using as a monitor mixer for a few months, until about two weeks ago, I began using it as an interface & controller with lap top PC, then the other day with my desktop PC. I've also noticed it's very finicky getting it recognized & connected. I believe I read that these Tascam FW-1082 & 1884 units should not be shared on any type of hub, but only directly connected to the computer.

So far, I've tried my FW-1082 with my Dell laptop, using a 6 pin to 4 pin cable. The Firewire light on the Tascam has always lit up with the Dell (6 wire to 4-wire cable), but with my desktop the other day, it took several minutes before the Firewire light lit up, and I was using a 6-wire to 6-wire Firewaire cable.

I do not know what kind of Firewire chip either my DEll laptop, or my self-built desktop has. I'm not even sure how I can tell??? My Dell laptop is a Dell XPS M1530 with Win Vista 32 bit home, and my desktop has an ASUS P5KC motherboard, using Win XP Pro 32 bit. I'm also using the latest Tascam 1.80 driver on both machines.

I haven't quite worked out the magic in getting this Tascam FW-1082 consistently, nor quickly recognized. I've tried different power on orders, the computer, then Tascam, or Tascam then computer, and somewhere in berween the DAW software. Nothing seems to allow it to function right away. Before it actually starts to function properly, it always starts out with choppy audio, with quick intermittent pauses during PLAY...slowly I get less 7 less pauses, until it consistently plays normal. This is pretty much the same for the DAW control, transport functions etc, but the PLAY BACK & TRANSPORT/CONTROL is not always working together at 1st, sometimes I get audio, sometimes not, sometimes I get DAW contol, sometimes not. EVENTUALLY I always get audio AND control working, and stays working at some point. So, when everything actually DOES start working....it's ALWAYS remains stable afterwards and working perfectly without dropping out, or losing sync etc.

The above brings me to this "warm up" period, I thought this was the case too at 1st, but then even it I've had this thing warmed up for a good period of time, and have been using it without any drop outs, losing sync etc. The second I power it off, and immediately try to turn it back on again, I have to go through the SAME things i did when it's been sitting cold for hours or even DAYS. I can't see it being literally a 'warming' thing, since it does this even after it's been completely warmed up. It seems to be more of a 'period of time thing' to me.

Oddly enough, I do get a slight different experience between my laptop, and with my desk top....using the same DAW software too. Though the OS's are different. With the desktop, it makes a difference on whether the DAW software is opened up, meaning better to have the software open, THEN turn on the Tascam. On the laptop, this does not make any difference.

More on the 'warm up' thing...when I assumed it needing warming up, I left EVERYTHING on...left to take a shower and get myself together...came back 3--40 minutes later, and it STILL did not make any difference. I always have to go through turning off this, turning off that, opening this & that etc... completely blind and at random. In fact, this random screwing around get's it recognized, synced and everything functioning properly quicker than letting everything sit, powered on for a physical warm up.

Oh, and I find I get best results using Mackie HUI mode in both the Tascam and Cubase DAW software....while using Mackie Emulation and both work too, while using the arrows to change tracks up/down the instrument tracks will get quick bursts of squeals. HUI does NOT do this. Also if I use the native 1082 with the Tascam, and Tascam US-428, it also works well and there are no squeals...although, with this mode, the arrows and scub wheen do not work. Oddly enough, with the native/Tascam 1082 & Tascam US-428 combination mode, the panning has better functionality! With the Mackie Emulation & Mackie HUI modes, panning only works on track #1 , or #2 ...depending if I select the Tascams BANK buttons left or right...any further pressing these buttons do not result in any tracks (3, 4, 5, 6 etc, etc, etc,) from their panning being operated. But again, with the Native 1082 & Tascam US-428 combination panning works on any & ALL tracks, (but again, no arrows or jog functions available).

I'm sorry to hear about all your troubles, by what i've read i assume that,you're running different versions of Windows on your desktop and pc right?

In any case try rolling back a few drivers as newest doesn't always mean best with Tascam (i'm on a mac still running Snow Leopard as Tascam dropped support a while back, but that's not all there fault and it's a completely different story) .

You mentioned your motherboard make/model etc so again i assume you're using the inbuilt firewire ports?

If so, this could be your problem, earlier in this post someone mentioned chipsets that Tascam gets on with, so it's best to get a PCI FW card that uses the aforementioned chipsets.

Also are you using the original Tascam FW cable? it may sound weird but Tascam was pretty anal about this.

I don't think that "warming up" could be your problem really as the 1082 is not as old as it's big brother but you never know.

One last thing that i learnt the hard way, although it wasn't my fault, NEVER EVER hot plug the firewire port on these, or any other units really, it will fry the main board and considering it's age it's pretty hard to get spares and if you do it would make no sense money wise to fix it.

My 1884 was fried this way when a "friend" pulled out the fw cable and then reconnected it a second later, the whole thing lit up like a Xmas tree and just stayed that way.

Back then, almost 10 years ago, the repair cost over a third of the units price.

My mate owned up, luckily and payed the price.
Old 19th March 2016
Thanks Ben,

Yes, using different Windows versions...Vista on laptop, XP on desktop

Using new 6 to 4 pin cable on laptop - using 6/6 pin cable I got with the Tascam on desktop

Haven't thought much about rolling driver back, that's an idea.

Yes, I'm using the built in firewire ports on both laptop & desktop. Don't know about the laptop yet, but I did research & discovered the ASUS board uses ...VIA!!!! so getting a PCI/PCIe to FW is something to try as well (with a TI chipset).

Again, I don't think I'd call it a "warming up" issue, as much as an issue of a period of time it takes to get, maintain, stay connected...as even when it's been running fine for a long period of time, shutting off and right back on makes me go through the period of time all over again. With this, I'm seriously thinking that it's almost as if some component in the Tascam needs to 'charge up' and that I imagine can only be a capacitor. of some kind.

With all things considered, I'm not sure how any of the above translates ...as the Tascam will 'eventually' connect & get running perfect, once it get's going. I mean as far as 'warm up' or 'time', does a driver need warm up or time? does a cable need warm up or time? does a chipset need warm up or time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by benevis66 View Post
I'm sorry to hear about all your troubles, by what i've read i assume that,you're running different versions of Windows on your desktop and pc right?

In any case try rolling back a few drivers as newest doesn't always mean best with Tascam (i'm on a mac still running Snow Leopard as Tascam dropped support a while back, but that's not all there fault and it's a completely different story) .

You mentioned your motherboard make/model etc so again i assume you're using the inbuilt firewire ports?

If so, this could be your problem, earlier in this post someone mentioned chipsets that Tascam gets on with, so it's best to get a PCI FW card that uses the aforementioned chipsets.

Also are you using the original Tascam FW cable? it may sound weird but Tascam was pretty anal about this.

I don't think that "warming up" could be your problem really as the 1082 is not as old as it's big brother but you never know.

One last thing that i learnt the hard way, although it wasn't my fault, NEVER EVER hot plug the firewire port on these, or any other units really, it will fry the main board and considering it's age it's pretty hard to get spares and if you do it would make no sense money wise to fix it.

My 1884 was fried this way when a "friend" pulled out the fw cable and then reconnected it a second later, the whole thing lit up like a Xmas tree and just stayed that way.

Back then, almost 10 years ago, the repair cost over a third of the units price.

My mate owned up, luckily and payed the price.
Old 19th March 2016
Gear Maniac

The problems you describe are the same as what I experienced many years ago with my audio PC. The issue does lie with the Via chipset. I had the exact same connectivity problems.
When I finally retired that PC and built a new I went with a gigabyte x58 motherboard that had onboard TI chipset FireWire connection. The non connectivity problem disappeared immediately.
This is a common problem with the FW1884 and it's little brother the 1082. Also turning the unit off whilst Windows is running tends to give you aBSOD. if only Tascam hhadn't discontinued it they might have written a stable driver by now
Old 19th March 2016
Thanks dough,

I do have a PCI/FW card I bought years ago for something(?) but looked it up on line days ago but can't recall what chipset it has, but it's definitely not an TI chip.
As mentioned previously, I don't know what my laptop uses for it's FW chip. But the both laptop & desktop (with VIA chip) experience the same 'time period' before it wants to slowly by slowly get, then remains stable, for as long as I'm using the Tascam.
It seems very odd that a chipset that's not supposed to work, will eventually start and remain working 'perfectly' after a while every time ...as if something needs to get 'charged up'
None the less, I'll definitely get both a PCI to FW card with a TI chip as well as a card for my laptop to see how they work with the Tascam FW-1082, which is really a very nice board otherwise. And if using a TI chipset is the magic bullet ...as well as a rolled back driver if needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doughnuts View Post
The problems you describe are the same as what I experienced many years ago with my audio PC. The issue does lie with the Via chipset. I had the exact same connectivity problems.
When I finally retired that PC and built a new I went with a gigabyte x58 motherboard that had onboard TI chipset FireWire connection. The non connectivity problem disappeared immediately.
This is a common problem with the FW1884 and it's little brother the 1082. Also turning the unit off whilst Windows is running tends to give you aBSOD. if only Tascam hhadn't discontinued it they might have written a stable driver by now
Old 12th January 2017
Here for the gear
Resurrecting this thread from the dead! I got very busy last year and really did not have time to dedicate to music or recording; as a consequence I ended up putting the FW1884 off to the side to collect dust. Now however, I have ended up with much more time on my hands, and am planning on recording a friends' band in the upcoming weeks. Soo, I have decided to give the FW1884 another go.

I have replicated all of my steps from before in an attempt to use the FW1884 while recording to a Firewire drive. Again, none of the steps I have taken (same as before) work. I have yet to purchase a powered Firewire hub, however what I have done is to take the radical step of purchasing a USB2 drive. Yes, yes, I know; USB2 is generally not regarding as the best way to go when it comes to audio, especially if one is using Pro Tools. However, in poking around on other forums here, it does seem like others have had success in using USB2. Also, in looking at Avid's website regarding compatibility, they do state that PT version 10 is fully qualified to work with USB2 on a Mac! To mitigate any issues, I went with a 10,000rpm Western Digital Velociraptor (enterprise class) drive (which will be loaded into a Sabrent enclosure). Additionally, I will be downloading Reaper, since that seems to use way less system resources than Pro Tools, and will test both DAW's with the USB2 drive.

Anyhoo, we shall see how it goes. For now, to be continued...

The Kid
Old 13th January 2017
And UPDATE from me ...

Not long after I posted in this thread, I got a Lenovo ThinkStation D-20 PC. It has it's own Firewire ports (front/rear) with a TI chip. Also, in addition to my Tascam FW-1082, I got the older Tascam FW-1884. Both the FW-1884 & FW-1082 connect to the Lenovo ThinkStation immediately, and stay connected! These Tascam's are now working perfectly, and are very stable. With that, it appears that the computers Firewire connection is critical is getting both FW-1884's & FW-1082's functioning properly. I'm also wondering if the computers motherboard plays any role in how it works with the Firewire chip (?). None the less, the Tascam FW line of interfaces love my Lenovo ThinkStation D-20 right out of the box.

None of this helps the OP with such a closed, proprietary, and incestuous system such as Macs. That's the reason I will never spend a penny on, or use anything labeled "Mac" or "i" myself.

PS, of course the two Mackie modes still trigger whatever Instrument Channel I happen to be on, and as I switch between Instrument Channels, with various buttons & sliders on the Tascam. Simply using the Tascam native Tascam mode, and Cubase's Tascam mode prevents the triggering of sounds...with less functionality though. No problem, as I really don't need much 'control' functions, mostly basic transports etc.
Old 14th January 2017
Here for the gear
Hey Steve, glad to hear you were able to get your Tascam devices to play nicely with your computer, and that you're now cooking with gas! You are most definitely correct (and as I am finding out myself), the Firewire connection is most definitely critical in getting the FW1884 to behave correctly.

Anyhoo, just a quick update to my last update; I realized a Firewire drive I have lying around also has a USB interface on it. Sooo.....I connected it that way into my Macbook, fired up the FW1884, and guess what? It works perfectly. So far, I have only done a brief test with it using Reaper. When I have some more time, I will do a more thorough test with both Reaper as well as Pro Tools, using the DaveC test as a benchmark. Stay tuned....

The Kid
Old 15th January 2017
Lives for gear

FWIW i have my FW1884 plugged into an i7-2600k windows 7 64 bit box with a TI based PCI FW card. VIA chips do nit work. Also use the Windows Legacy driver. Hot plugging is very risky and tends to crash everything. Safest to use 6 to 4 to 6 pin adaptor chains to prevent power shorts. But with just the FW1884 for the whole card it's solid. I found that leaving the FW1884 on 24x7 is best. There IS a warmup issue. Once stable leave it on, and don't change wiring.

I use it as MIDI and audio i/f with Cubendo. I can use the control surface function w/ Cubendo too, or use Rtp-MIDI to remote it to my mac pro over Ethernet, where it works great in Logic 10.2.4. No 64 bit OsX driver? No problem. For Logic > 10.1 you must grab the FW-1884.bundle from within Logic 10.0 or 10.1 Contents and paste it into the same location in the Logic 10.2 Contents, as Apple removed it (since there was no 64 bit FW-1884 or FW-1082 driver). The FW-1082 works the same, but the 1884's array of buttons is richer.

To change where the control surface is used (host pc or remote mac) requires a configuration change in the Fw1884 panel to pick native or Steinberg compatible mode, a change in RTP-MIDI to capture or not capture the device's control MIDI stream, and restarting the DAW. Takes seconds. It even sleeps and wakes ok. But in a complex setup a reboot every few days is sanitary and salutary.

Most squeals are due to MIDI control messages, that are note-ons, not being properly directed only to control surface functions in the DAW. E.g. in Cubase you must exclude the FW-1884 MIDI Control ports from "all", or else button pushes will be playing high notes on your VSTs!
Old 15th January 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analog Kid View Post
I realized a Firewire drive I have lying around also has a USB interface on it. Sooo.....I connected it that way into my Macbook, fired up the FW1884, and guess what? It works perfectly. So far, I have only done a brief test with it using Reaper.
Right on, after about 2 years you're finally getting somewhere with the Tascam!

Looking forward to hearing more progress on your end!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fernand View Post
my FW1884 plugged into an i7-2600k windows 7 64 bit box with a TI based PCI FW card. VIA chips do nit work....There IS a warmup issue.
When I had a warm up issue, it was with a Via chip, on my Dell Laptop with using a 6 to 4 pin cable. since I got my Lenovo ThinkStation D-20, with a TI chip, and a 6 to 6 pin cable, I don't seem to have a warm up issue anymore.

Quote:
(there was no 64 bit FW-1884 or FW-1082 driver). The FW-1082 works the same, but the 1884's array of buttons is richer.
The latest Windows 7 driver say's 64 bit on Tascam site, unless I misunderstood?

Quote:
squeals are due to MIDI control messages, that are note-ons, not being properly directed only to control surface functions in the DAW. E.g. in Cubase you must exclude the FW-1884 MIDI Control ports from "all", or else button pushes will be playing high notes on your VSTs!
Thanks for that tip! I will look into this. It would be very nice to use the Mackie mode to get more functionality, as long as I can prevent triggering any notes on a VSTi Instrument Track in Cubase.
Old 15th January 2017
Lives for gear

There IS a 64 bit Windows 7 driver. It can probably be used on win 8 and 10, though i prefer windows 7. There is NO 64 bit OsX driver. But where a local connection falters you can connect it with network MIDI over Ethernet (gigabit Ethernet is best).

On my FW-1884 there is an indisputable temperature issue. It must be warm for the firewire link to work. I just leave it on.

There are countless other failure modes available.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In Cubase Devices->MIDI you just set the control surface from FW-1884 Control port, and un-check the in All MIDI option for the FW-1884 Control port. That way it won't be playing your VSTs.

Last edited by Fernand; 15th January 2017 at 08:54 AM..
Old 15th January 2017
Quote:
There IS a 64 bit Windows 7 driver. It can probably be used on win 8 and 10, though i prefer windows 7. There is NO 64 bit OsX driver. But where a local connection falters you can connect it with network MIDI over Ethernet (gigabit Ethernet is best).

On my FW-1884 there is an indisputable temperature issue. It must be warm for the firewire link to work. I just leave it on.

There are countless other failure modes available.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In Cubase Devices->MIDI you just set the control surface from FW-1884 Control port, and un-check the in All MIDI option for the FW-1884 Control port. That way it won't be playing your VSTs.
Ah, no OSX 64 bit!

With both my Tascams FW-1884 & FW-1082, there WAS a warm up period for me as well, but not since I started using the Lenovo ThinkStation. I've NOT been without a couple of momentary issues though, not a deal breaker.

Thanks for the midi triggering avoidance instructions! I gather this does not also prevent using the Tascam's midi I/O into Cubase. I've been using the FW-1884/FW-1082 control port option, never unchecked anything though.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search