The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
EXHALE by Output Issues Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 17th November 2015
EXHALE by Output Issues

Hey Everyone,

So I just got EXHALE last night -- WOW, amazing stuff. The installation process went fine. Activated through Kontakt 5 with no issues. However, once I get in to Logic X, that's when problems arise. I open up an empty software instrument track, pick Native Instruments -- Kontakt 5, all is well. Then, when the box opens, it tells me that I have to add EXHALE again. Okay, fine. I do it, no problems. I'm playing, recording, no issues. I save, quit, go upstairs for a sandwich, come back down, re-open the project and BOOM, error message. Tells me that EXHALE is not installed. I go back into my file and all the presets and tweaks I made to the sounds in EXHALE are gone. I can still open the instrument and work with it -- but it's like Logic X forgets everything about EXHALE once the file is closed and I have to go back and re-do everything...How can I fix this issue??? It's a huge bummer because I had an awesome track going that had tons of licensing potential and poof, it's gone, into the ether. Well, at least all the details and nuances that made it great. HELP!

Thanks!
Old 17th November 2015
Gear Addict
Wow interesting I had the exact same problem with Vocalise, you need to contact Output its seems a corrupt xml file is to blame.
Old 17th November 2015
Just got an email back from Output with their suggestion on how to fix it. You were right -- xml file. Thanks!
Old 17th November 2015
Gear Maniac

OUTPUT not only make amazing products but their support so far regarding any issues I've had has also been top notch...
Old 20th January 2016
Here for the gear

Hi guys,

Same issue here. Fix below from Output.

Apologies for this. We've seen this happen randomly once in a while with Third Party Kontakt libraries. Please navigate to the following folder:

Mac OS: Macintosh HD > Library > Application Support > Native Instruments > Service Center
Windows: C > Program Files > Common Files > Native Instruments > Service Center

Here you will find various XML files related to the NI products on your machine. You should see EXHALE.xml here. If you don't, I've attached the EXHALE.xml file to this email. Copy the xml file from this email to the directory listed above. Then, before opening Kontakt again, you will need to reinstall Service Center. You can reinstall Service Center by following this link and download/running the installer listed under NI Service Center:

Downloads : Drivers & Other Files | Support

After reinstalling, you should be good to go!

I've attached the .xml file. Hope this saves someone else the hassle.
Killer plugin.
Attached Files
File Type: zip EXHALE xml.zip (576 Bytes, 546 views)
Old 6th July 2017
Here for the gear

Notice blueblood never gives you his name or phone number! That's because Output the maker of Exhale does not want to hear from you. Yeah it's real easy to post some reply online and a link to a forum or FAQ page. But it's a whole other level of person or company that will take your call and actually help you fix something that the company is responsible for screwing up in the first place. Try calling a customer back. That's a novel idea too! How mych does a company believe in what it is selling when they ignore their customers?
Old 6th December 2018
Here for the gear

Has anyone ever gotten exhale to work with Logic Pro 9?
Old 6th December 2018
Here for the gear

Has anyone ever gotten exhale to work in Logic Pro 9?
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search