The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Firewire audio interface causing constant 20% cpu usage. Audio Interfaces
Old 16th November 2015
Here for the gear
Firewire audio interface causing constant 20% cpu usage.

hey guys
i got my impact twin for about 2-3 months and so far i am happy with it
recently i saw my cpu is constantly idle at 10-25% usage with the audio interface connected.
when i shutdown the interface, everything is going back to normal, 1-5% cpu usage.

at first i thought i had some virus but nothing found with kaspersky and combofix.

the "process" causing all of it is 'system interrupts' (can be found at resource monitor).
i also tried to update all my drivers include chips. my firewire chip is integrated in my motherboard and no updated drivers found.

is anyone familiar with something like this? these 20% are important for multitasking etc..

thanks guys.

p.s tc electronic fourm is pretty dead, i've sent them an email but still no answer from their support team.
Old 19th November 2015
Here for the gear
up
Old 19th November 2015
Lives for gear

Have you done all the PC audio optimizations? Is the built in firewire chipset a TI? My Yamaha mixer is finicky about the chipset and I installed a separate PCIx card for that.
Old 20th November 2015
Here for the gear
nope..no special optimizations was made. maybe i shut down some services of the integrated audio chip and windows defender other then that - i dont really remember.
and yes, it is a built in firewire chip from TI.
maybe a separate firewire card will solve it?
Old 20th November 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolev View Post
nope..no special optimizations was made. maybe i shut down some services of the integrated audio chip and windows defender other then that - i dont really remember.
and yes, it is a built in firewire chip from TI.
maybe a separate firewire card will solve it?
Does TC have any recommendations for chipset? No way to know for sure if separate card will resolve it, but I would be more tempted to do it especially if your MOBO has a non TI chipset. I would for sure do the optimizations too...you just never know..
Old 20th November 2015
Here for the gear
well my chip is TI 1394
i cant find any recommendations from TC for a firewire chip.
and where i can find a good guide for optimization my pc?
thanks.
Top Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search