The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Random DAE error
Old 18th January 2007
Here for the gear

Random DAE error

Hey guys,

I posted this over on the High End forum and thought it'd be good to put it in the music computer thread too. :-)

Got a problem with a ProTools HD today. While trying to do some processing, it couldn't process anything as it continually gave a DAE error 7401. From my understanding, this means that there are low system resources available, but this error didn't occur when another sessions was opened and processed (by any plug in). It also wasn't alleviated when all the equipment was power cycled either. I also tried reseting my AudioSuite buffer size, and nadda. :-( Any suggestions? Thanks.
Old 18th January 2007
Lives for gear

"Save Session Copy In..." to create a new project file?

Or, create a new project file on your own, and import all the data from the other session. This might import the DAE settings, which might be your problem, but it's worth a try.

Did you also try reducing your number of processors dedicated to RTAS, or the number of HD cards dedicated to plugin processing?
Old 22nd January 2007
Here for the gear

Tried the save session copy as option and it the plugins began to work. Thanks a bunch. It must have just been a corrupt session.
Old 22nd January 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelistener13 View Post
Tried the save session copy as option and it the plugins began to work. Thanks a bunch. It must have just been a corrupt session.
No prob! Yeah, sometimes that happens. Hooray Digi and all that. Glad it worked out for you!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search