The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Computer slowing down in protools w/ errors....please help!!
Old 12th November 2015
Gear Nut

Computer slowing down in protools w/ errors....please help!!

Hey everybody.....so, i have a trusty Power Mac Tower i bought i think in like 2007 or 2008? Its worked great thus far (knock on wood), but as of lately, i've been getting hardware buffer messages....basically computer can't handle load with virtual instruments, plug ins etc....

Here's my question.....when i'm making beats in protools I usually put the playback buffer engine on 128, because it ensures that I won't have any delay when recording.....BUT, i understand that's also the lowest setting as far as efficiency which causes the computer to slow down and error messages to pop up saying to "increase buffer/playback engine".......but when I bump it up to 520 or 1020 it makes the computer work better but then I have to worry about delay!!!

What things can I do to improve the performance of the computer and working within protools without having to worry about delay?? Increase in RAM? any particular settings? Again, looking to have optimum performance on my computer and recording in protools without having to worry about delay.....

Please advise!!!!!!

Thx in advance. -BB
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search