The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Slate Digital Annual Bundle issues Dynamics Plugins
Old 12th November 2015
Gear Head

Slate Digital Annual Bundle issues

I went for the Slate Digital Annual Bundle and reading that it supports RTAS I went for it to try it out. It was a disaster! When I try to use one of their plugins, they crash just like Trigger which I had for awhile. I get the perpetual spinning ball and it stays like that.Some of them worked at first, but then they stop working. I think that my mistake was not noticing that it supports from OS X 10.7 and up, but Slate's Trigger does the same thing and I have to re install it to work.
I'm using a 2009 Mac Pro 2.93, 8 core with 24gigs of RAM, OS X 10.6.8, Pro Tools 9.06 HD5 with a ton of plugins and it has been quite stable for a long time. I talk to their support and they have tried to help via emails but they haven't been much help at all. They just give me the usual technical fixes and it's been 2 weeks and must of their plugins aren't working. They don't sound very enthusiastic in helping you.
I've bought many plugins recently and they work right away with absolutely no issues. I'm starting to thing that I wasted my money or should've at least try their demos.
I usually don't post issues with my system because I usually resolve the problem and also because people answer saying "I've been using these plugins for x amount of time and I have no issues" and they offer no help.
I just removed them so I can continue working hoping that I didn't waste $299. If anyone has any ideas, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks
Old 12th November 2015
Gear Nut

You can't run the latest builds for pt9. I'm still on 10HD and I cannot use the latest builds of some of the plugins. Especially vbc. Try the next to latest build of vbc. On 10HD this was stable. If I use the latest vbc my rig dies the spinning beach ball of death. Im in a 12 core mac pro desktop with 64 gigs ram.
Old 12th November 2015
I am subscribed to the annual bundle but for someone i went with buying 2nd hand plugins to complete all my slate collection and have a peace of mind

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search