The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Are Duende and UAD-1 playing well together?
Old 18th January 2007
Gear Nut

Are Duende and UAD-1 playing well together?

I've searched this place a good bit and found some comments about using certain types of chipsets and firwire cards. Someone's response pointed to another site in which somebody stated that they used an Adaptec firewire card "according to the recommendations". I have a dual-core X2 +4800 with a Gigbyte board- no onboard firewire. I'm hoping I can use UAD-1 cards and a Duende setup together successfully. Any thoughts?
Old 19th January 2007
Lives for gear

Looking for the same info myself. I'm a UAD-1 user scoping out the Duende as well. From what I've gathered myself, the bigger issue with the Duende is to not put it in the same bus as your audio interface or hard drives (and read somewhere that if you have to share your firewire bus with a hard drive, to place the hard drive closer to the computer in the chain; computer -> hard drive(s) -> Duende. I did read that SSL recommends the Adaptec Firewire card for it in addition; if and when I get the Duende, I'll post up to let u guys know how they work together.
Old 19th January 2007
Lives for gear

No, they are not, like oil and vinegar.
Old 19th January 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryjohns View Post
No, they are not, like oil and vinegar.
I've seen your posts regarding issues you had with Duende...

What version of the drivers were you running? I have the same Mac as you and don't have any issues with Duende and Logic. I do not have a UAD, but as far as Duende and my Mac, no problems. I also have a firewire interface connected to my Mac.
Old 19th January 2007
Lives for gear

Drivers 1.5

Duende and Logic without some other FW devices is ok. I use UAD plugs as well as a Liquid Mix. I had no issues with Duende and Logic alone. After some troubleshooting, I could use Duende with Protools LE. Once I incorporated UAD Plugs into the equation, forget about it. This seems to be a common denominator in the issue. I never got to the point of incorporating the Liquid Mix. I spent countless hours troubleshooting. Talking with SSL Support. All to no avail.

My criticism of Duende is that I feel SSL was irresponsible for releasing the unit until it worked better. Since my issues I've read countless threads on various forums with the same issues as mine.

Now, when they get it worked out, and I do believe they will, I'll buy the Duende again. The unit is really that good, when it works.
Old 19th January 2007
Gear Nut

Just as a remonder- I'm on a PC. Could be a different world as far as performance goes. Keep the info comming!! Thanks!!
Old 22nd January 2007
Gear Nut

Anyone else care to chime in??
Old 22nd January 2007
Gear Head

I´ve tried the Uad1 4.5 and Duende 1.5 for Pc and they don´t work together!

I run AMD 3800 x2 and XP!

I really would love if the UAD1 and Duende could co exist side by side like and not be like a cat and dog!
Old 22nd January 2007
Lives for gear

UAD 4.5.1 came out on friday, try it!!
Old 23rd January 2007
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by s.d.finley View Post
UAD 4.5.1 came out on friday, try it!!
That release is XP 64 bit specific. Anyone else with anything to add?? I can't believe these 2 can't live together.
Old 23rd January 2007
Get a dedicated PCI firewire card for Duende and you're good.
Old 23rd January 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by elambo View Post
Get a dedicated PCI firewire card for Duende and you're good.
Not for me. I acutally tried 2 different cards. With the Duende being the only one on either card. i was hoping my 1st card was bad, so I took it out, bought a new one, and still got the same pops and clicks when I used the Duende in combination with UAD plugs. No UAD Plugs, worked just fine.
Old 23rd January 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parisongs View Post
Anyone else care to chime in??
Not working here. Duendo plays nice until any UAD plug in is used.
PC - Nuendo 3.2
3x UAD cards
Old 27th November 2007
Gear Maniac

Is anyone using Duende and UAD on a mac G5 2.7 with an RME 9652 card ?
Is this rocksolid ?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search