The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Audient Id22 Polarity reverse issue
Old 10th November 2015
Here for the gear

Audient Id22 Polarity reverse issue

Hello to everybody.

I'm having this strange issue with my audient id22 on windows 10.
After I updated the firmware to 3.1.6 and the latest drivers to date, whenever I'm pressing the polarity reverse button, the Sum button activates with it, and I can't deactivate it even if pressed on the control panel or on the Function button related on the hardware.

Screenshot here
http://s9.postimg.org/fdtzqsj2n/Screenshot_21.jpg

Short version.
Can't use polarity reverse alone.

I know that it's no so usefull, but it annoys me a lot.

ps. sorry for my english.
Old 10th November 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolloRapido View Post
Hello to everybody.

I'm having this strange issue with my audient id22 on windows 10.
After I updated the firmware to 3.1.6 and the latest drivers to date, whenever I'm pressing the polarity reverse button, the Sum button activates with it, and I can't deactivate it even if pressed on the control panel or on the Function button related on the hardware.

Screenshot here
http://s9.postimg.org/fdtzqsj2n/Screenshot_21.jpg

Short version.
Can't use polarity reverse alone.

I know that it's no so usefull, but it annoys me a lot.

ps. sorry for my english.
Hi PolloRapido,

This is actually a new way of the app working, as we thought that the polarity reverse button on its own doesn't really have a use, so now it will automatically link with the mono button to allow you to listen to the sides of the mixes through Sum and Different monitoring.

Thanks,
Harry
Old 10th November 2015
Lives for gear

Maybe Audient have some market research on this which contradicts me, but I would have thought that simple polarity inversion is done far more often than sum and difference monitoring.
Old 11th November 2015
Deleted User
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper.real View Post
Maybe Audient have some market research on this which contradicts me, but I would have thought that simple polarity inversion is done far more often than sum and difference monitoring.
Polarity inversion on inputs is useful when you have more than one mic on a single source, and the iD22 is a rare interface that has polarity switches on the preamps (considering how easy it is to do in software)

But polarity inversion of the output... I can't think of a single reason why I would want to do that (never figured out why one of the switches was programmed to do that by default)
Old 11th November 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by audientworld View Post
This is actually a new way of the app working,
I appreciate this new little feature.
Old 29th July 2016
Lives for gear

This new way of the app working is very disappointing and annoying. I hope Audient undo this change with a firmware update.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search