The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Ableton: mapping more than 8 knobs (with "BLUE HAND") Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 7th November 2015
Gear Nut

Ableton: mapping more than 8 knobs (with "BLUE HAND")

Hi everybody!

I was looking for a controller to get my workflow more "analog", especially during the sound synthesis: I would like to create my sounds without looking at the screen.

I was ready to buy a Behringer BCR2000 which has 32 encoders and more than one "page" usable but…
I found someone saying that in ableton, when using a controller, even if natively recognized and "instrument focus" (blue hand), you can map only eight knobs

Is this real? Isn't there a way out?
Ok I could control more than than 8 parameters , like on the push, and then shuffle between the various pages of "8 mapped parameters" but it would really be amazing to map, let's say, 32 parameters of a vst and than change instruments and remap everything…

Something like:
- map 32 knobs on (examples) serum
- switch to an ableton fx and map other stuff
- switch to another effect/instrument/vst and map other stuff
than
- "ok, I think I wanna change the cutoff of the filter on serum" -> go back to serum and still have everything mapped

Could I do that or…really "8 knobs rule" ?

Thank you so much in advice!
Old 9th November 2015
Gear Nut

Anyone? ._.
Old 9th November 2015
Lives for gear

One way is using this: nativeKONTROL DDC

Old 9th November 2015
Lives for gear
DDC is the one.

ns
Old 9th November 2015
Lives for gear
Only 8 macros per rack, but you can directly map as many parameters as you want.
Old 12th November 2015
Gear Nut

Oook guys!
Asap I'll look at that program and…finally I know that ableton can normally use only 8 parameters at a time

Thank you so much for your help!!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search