The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Surprised with Native Instruments and their NKS controller lineup (or lack of) Control Surfaces
Old 6th November 2015
Gear Maniac

Surprised with Native Instruments and their NKS controller lineup (or lack of)

So this new NKS mapping sounds great. But I'm really surprised that NI haven't released a controller for it without the keyboard. Just a bunch of knobs in a nice desktop box, similar to Novation's Zero controller line. For us guys who already have keyboards and don't want light-up keys, this would be an ideal solution!

Come on NI - I hope you're reading this and at least consider it!
Old 6th November 2015
Lives for gear

good idea!
Old 6th November 2015
Gear Maniac

Something like a Remote Zero / Korg NanoKontrol. They'd sell them buy the truckload.
Old 6th November 2015
Gear Maniac

or just reverse engineer the USB communications and create an app that emulates the hardware, while allowing any midi controller to be used. That would be my preference.
Old 6th November 2015
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdizzy View Post
or just reverse engineer the USB communications and create an app that emulates the hardware, while allowing any midi controller to be used. That would be my preference.
Is this actually possible? I'd love to use Lemur on iPad for that as it can display the parameter text as well then.
Old 6th November 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukecage View Post
So this new NKS mapping sounds great. But I'm really surprised that NI haven't released a controller for it without the keyboard. Just a bunch of knobs in a nice desktop box, similar to Novation's Zero controller line. For us guys who already have keyboards and don't want light-up keys, this would be an ideal solution!

Come on NI - I hope you're reading this and at least consider it!
you mean going back to Kore?
Old 7th November 2015
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebastian21 View Post
you mean going back to Kore?
Funny you should say that! A type of controller like Kore 2 would be great! Those boxes were very nice in the build quality department.

Kore was a whole system on its own though with its own plugin that did a specific thing.

These new ones that NI have launched are just a better version of what Novation were trying to do with auto map.

I'm just saying people who already have keyboards don't need another and could benefit from a desktop box option. 8-16 encoders with displays which will auto map via NKS to whatever you're working with.
Old 7th November 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Funny you should say that! A type of controller like Kore 2 would be great! Those boxes were very nice in the build quality department.

Kore was a whole system on its own though with its own plugin that did a specific thing.

These new ones that NI have launched are just a better version of what Novation were trying to do with auto map.

I'm just saying people who already have keyboards don't need another and could benefit from a desktop box option. 8-16 encoders with displays which will auto map via NKS to whatever you're working with.
I wasn't making fun of Kore, in the contrary...I was making fun of N.I , they dropped Kore and years later it comes back in the form of "Kontrol" in an even more basic form, that keyboard doesn't even have a display for browsing? ...I think Kore was a much more thought out idea and it's stupid they discontinued it .
Old 7th November 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
I wasn't making fun of Kore, in the contrary...I was making fun of N.I , they dropped Kore and years later it comes back in the form of "Kontrol" in an even more basic form, that keyboard doesn't even have a display for browsing? ...I think Kore was a much more thought out idea and it's stupid they discontinued it .
Dont worry, this one will be discontinued soon enough haha
Old 7th November 2015
Lives for gear

...yeah, i got burnt by kore 1/2 as well..... oh well, good call zebastion21....
Old 9th November 2015
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Oh right! Sorry man!! Yes I agree completely with you. Really stupid they discontinued it. My Kore 2 now sits on a shelf gathering dust. Such a waste of a great platform that could so easily still be relevant.
Old 9th November 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Oh right! Sorry man!! Yes I agree completely with you. Really stupid they discontinued it. My Kore 2 now sits on a shelf gathering dust. Such a waste of a great platform that could so easily still be relevant.
why gather dust?ive got kore 2 and it still works fine I also have complete ultimate 10 and maschine 2.4 and they all run along fine.kore 2 is still a brilliant plugin and can still create sounds you cant get anywere else ni were stupid dropping that they never gave it a proper run and never fully explained its concept or what it could do.

im betting ni will release a keyless version of the keyboards there deffinatlly upto something because they've been doing big price drops on the keyboards and there pushing a new format which they've spent time and money on .the ni forums have been screaming for a follow upto kore and im sure they will release a hardware item soon the molds the kore and keyboard concept into one desktop module.

if they did that and it was priced right d buy it for sure the reason I didn't buy the keyboard was I have no more room for another keyboard controller and I don't need the bundled software because I have k10u.
Old 9th November 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
My Kore 2 now sits on a shelf gathering dust.
I can take it off your hands. You don't even need to dust it off. I wouldn't mind a back up unit.

Presently, the Kore-Absyth integration isn't working, but you can always use an older version of Absynth for the Kore engine.

It's my opinion NI peaked with Kore about 6 years ago. Innovation has declined since then, and the competition is catching up.
Old 12th November 2015
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by greggybud View Post
I can take it off your hands. You don't even need to dust it off. I wouldn't mind a back up unit.
Haha ill keep it..it makes a nice paperweight!

Last edited by lukecage; 12th November 2015 at 09:36 PM.. Reason: quoted to much

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search