The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Alchemy - PC Installer windows
Old 4th November 2015
Lives for gear

Alchemy - PC Installer windows

God bless Apple, I had to download the backups of alchemy when my main pc was down, it appears some months later I did not download the installer - agh. So now it appears I have no way of re-installing a legitimate piece of software and my expansions.
I've looked on the web and it looks like apple have scorched earth everything - any thoughts, is there a copy of the installer anywhere?
Thanks for your help
Old 5th November 2015
Lives for gear

Anybody? Or have I just flushed my copy of Alchemy - thanks.
Old 5th November 2015
Gear Maniac

Let me check tonight, I think (I HOPE) I saved all my installers on Dropbox.
Old 5th November 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lojik View Post
Let me check tonight, I think (I HOPE) I saved all my installers on Dropbox.
Thanks that would save me
Old 11th November 2015
Lives for gear

Lojik is trying to help - thanks, but we still do not appear to be able to find the windows installer, I have, Alchemy-Full-Win-1.55.0.CamelSounds and my libraries but I'm sure you need the windows PC installer to re-install anybody?
Thanks

Last edited by Pip; 11th November 2015 at 02:49 PM..
Old 11th November 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pip View Post
Lojik is trying to help - thanks, but we still do not appear to be able to find the windows installer, I have, Alchemy-Full-Win-1.55.0.CamelSounds and my libraries but I'm sure you need the windows PC installer to re-install anybody?
Thanks
Do you have "Installer-Win-1.00.0.0281.CamelSounds"? If you do, this contains the "CamelAudioInstaller.exe". ".CamelSounds" is just a normal zip file. Unzip it using 7zip, and you should be able to install the rest using this installer .exe.
Old 11th November 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yutaka View Post
Do you have "Installer-Win-1.00.0.0281.CamelSounds"? If you do, this contains the "CamelAudioInstaller.exe". ".CamelSounds" is just a normal zip file. Unzip it using 7zip, and you should be able to install the rest using this installer .exe.
Ok I take a look tomorrow - thanks
Old 12th November 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yutaka View Post
Well I have a lot of files unfortunately not Win-1.00.0.0281.CamelSounds, I assume you hade to download the installer separately? So I'm back to square 1. Do you have a copy of the installer?
Thanks in advance
Old 12th November 2015
The Alchemy installer is a custom installer unique to each user. There's no way to install it otherwise.
Did you not get the emails warning you that Camel Audio is shutting down? Always backup your stuff and make sure this stuff is safe!!
Old 12th November 2015
Lives for gear

Pip,

The thing about CA's installer is that it contains all the customer details (full name, address, phone number) which will be displayed when you first open the plugin. I don't know where and how this data is embedded, and so I don't want to take a risk of sharing the installer. I am sorry.

However, you have the Alchemy Full 1.55 package - and this can be opened using 7zip as well. You can manually copy the contained files, the .dll and the resource files. You place the .dll in your usual plugin folder, and then place the resource files in the directory you want to keep all your libraries. You should be able to point to the resource files from "Change DATA folder" you will find in Alchemy's "file" menu. Maybe that'll work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_apprentice View Post
The Alchemy installer is a custom installer unique to each user. There's no way to install it otherwise.
Did you not get the emails warning you that Camel Audio is shutting down? Always backup your stuff and make sure this stuff is safe!!
To be fair, if you have chosen to download everything, you would have received all the files in ".CamelSounds" format, which obviously won't open normally when you move to a new system. I am pretty sure there will be a lot of people going, "WTF? I thought I've downloaded everything?" over time. If you are shutting down, you don't hand out the installer that won't even unpack normally.
Old 12th November 2015
Lives for gear

Yutaka-thanks I just don't know why the installer didn't download. I've moved to a 64bit win 7 computer whilst this was going on and I'm trying to re-install on a new OS - I'm completely lost I'll take a screen shot of all the files I have, but it sounds like trying to install, all be it on my new system means something is'nt happy. I list the files I have, thanks for your help.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search