The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Focusrite Saffire LE + Windows 10 64-bit compatibility? Audio Interfaces
Old 3rd November 2015
Gear Head

Focusrite Saffire LE + Windows 10 64-bit compatibility?

Hi,

I am about to upgrade in one-two weeks using a clean install (Windows 10 Treshold 2 provides this) to Windows 10, but I'd like to avoid any possible compatiblity problem with my Focusrite Saffire LE (Firewire) card.

Saffire LE has a solid Win7 driver, theoretically it should work.

I asked the same from Focusrite and they sent me the answer below:
"After reading your email I would really recommend not updating to Windows 10 should the Saffire LE be vital part of your workflow as the Saffire Control software has not been tested and is unsupported with Windows 10. While we suspect the device itself may pass audio we do anticipate you may run into a few audio/driver/compatibility related issues with this setup which we would be unable to resolve.

In regards to whether a Windows 10 driver will become available, this is again unfortunately not likely. While we continue to offer support on all our products regardless of their age, we only provide compatibility/driver updates for up to two years after the discontinuation date of a product. Sadly, the discontinuation date of the Saffire LE exceeds this which is why a Windows 10 update are unlikely.

I really do apologise I could not respond with a more positive reply however please do get back in touch should you require any further support or information on this matter and we can take things from there."

So does anyone have a real world experience with Saffire LE + Windows 10?

thanks,
B.
Old 3rd November 2015
Lives for gear

Don't know bout the Saffire LE, sorry, but my emu 1820m, which hasn't been supported for years (since XP I think) worked first time, no trouble.

I haven't heard of anyone having sound card problems with Win 10 so I'm pretty confident that if it worked in Win 7, 8, 8.1 it will work in Win Windows 10.

But to be sure best make an image back up first, just in case.

Good luck
Old 4th November 2015
Gear Head

Thanks man, will try it then.
Old 28th June 2016
Gear Head

I run into strange unstable situations when running Saffire LE with Cubase 8.5. I had so many crashes...

After switching to a UR824 interface everything became like dream... Cubase got much more stable, it does not crash at all since the interface update, not mentioning the integration and the quality improvements.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search