The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Gearslutz Community Choice Awards - What's the best Reverb Plugin? Reverb & Delay Plugins
Old 19th November 2015
Valhalla Room
Old 21st November 2015
Gear Addict

My main two are Verberate and VintageVerb. I find Verberate sounds a bit more natural than Valhalla's Room. I'm also really enjoying the demo for their new plate plugin though and will probably be adding that to my two others.
Old 21st November 2015
Here for the gear

Uad bx20
Old 22nd November 2015
This is almost impossible to answer as a Plate is nothing like a Spring, which is not even remotely similar to a hall or an IR which is utterly different to algorithmic.
So I am sorry but I have to split this into character types:
1 - Plate - UAD EMT 140
2 - Spring - UAD AKG BX20
3 - Space Modelling (halls, rooms, Vintage rooms, halls etc) - Lexicon PCM Native and ReLab LX-480 complete tied here - I cannot choose between the 2 and the UAD 224 almost made it a 3-way event
4 - IR handling - AltiVerb 7 XL - it has to be, for the ever expanding library. Oh how neat it would be if I could load Waves IR into AV and vice-versa. Waves IR-1 and IR-360 comes close but the library is old now and the product feels abandoned.

All-rounders often tend to be jack of all but master of none - but "mentioned in dispatches" here are the following (in no particular order of merit as they are all worthy)
Waves Hybrid Reverb, Softube TSAR Reverb and UAD DreamVerb, all of which require major tweaking to get sounding just right but all worth the investment of time.

Finally the one-trick pony department - this is for those that have just one job but excel at doing it - Softube Spring Reverb, PSP PianoVerb and the sadly 32-bit only TC M-30

How can we pick just one - please!!
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search