The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Apollo Twin problem, UA support unresponsive DAW Software
Old 17th October 2015
Lives for gear

Apollo Twin problem, UA support unresponsive

hi everyone-

i bought an Apollo Twin a while back (perhaps April or May), to have a cheap easy home studio interface when i'm not at work.

the line inputs were very quiet (signal at -30 or -40db), and were not responsive to gain changes from the gain knob. everything else worked right

after many emails back + forth w/ UA support, firmware updates, uninstall/reinstall of software, etc, they issued an RMA, took it in for repair.

upon getting it back- the line input was a healthy level, and the gain adjustments were reflected in the metering, but no sound is audible and no signal passes either through Console or to Pro Tools unless i load a preamp plugin on the input.

in truth, it's not impossibly difficult to load a preamp plugin, turn it "off," and get to work. but i spent good money on the Apollo, and would like it work right.

UA support was good for a while, but as the problem dragged on, response times by email would sometimes be ~1 week. and i've had no response to my last 2 emails from Sept 26 and Oct 8.

anyone run into anything similar? how'd you fix it? thanks.
Old 18th October 2015
Lives for gear

Call them for a faster response, I've never had any issues with customer service.

Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search