The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Combination of VI's and Hardware Audio Interfaces
Old 14th October 2015
Gear Addict

Combination of VI's and Hardware

Hello

I am running all my VI's though Vepro 5 but still wanted to incorporate some hardware sound modules into my setup. I like to keep things in MIDI as long as possible. I have noticed that my Yamaha P155 is out of sync tempo wise with my VI. Below are two waveforms both piano from the same MIDI file. the top one is kontact piano the button is my hardware. Obviously I can nudge the track - but again I want to keep it in MIDI as long as possible. My Drums bass and strings are also all in VEPRO so hardware piano sounds out of sync. Any ideas how to fix this? Thanks!

I am running Steinberg Ur824 interface, Pro Tools 12 and MOTU micro lite midi interface.

Update: I thought that VEPRO 5 was introducing latency on the VI's so I printed the KONTAKT piano on an instrument track internally in Pro Tools. The wave form was the same as the one printed through VEPRO 5. It seems my hardware piano is early...any way to sync it to my VI's?
Attached Thumbnails
Combination of VI's and Hardware-waveform.jpg  

Last edited by Guitarist9891; 14th October 2015 at 09:05 PM..
Old 15th October 2015
Gear Addict

no one uses external hardware modules?

EDIT:
I have figured out a way to use midi offset on midi track. everything sounds aligned after about 5 mins of experimenting to get the offset right.

Unfortunately it is still Buffer size dependent but I guess I need a new computer anyway to set a hardware buffer size and forget about it.

I currently have 2.4 ghz i5 with 4 gigs of ram. Late 2013 13 inch macbook pro.

Last edited by Guitarist9891; 15th October 2015 at 05:25 AM..

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search