The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
How Do I hear Windows Media Player through my audio interface?
Old 12th October 2015
Gear Maniac
How Do I hear Windows Media Player through my audio interface?

I have a Lexicon audio interface plugged into my computer via USB, which I'm using as an instrument input for Guitar Rig. The problem I'm having is that, when I'm playing the instrument through Guitar Rig, I can no longer play back audio from Windows Media Player, or any other media player application. When I try, I get an error message and the track won't even start. Is there any way to configure Windows 7 so that it will route system audio output through the Lexicon audio interface?
Old 12th October 2015
Lives for gear

You'll have to give me a minute to find it.......
Old 12th October 2015
Lives for gear

Ok, try this:

Quote:
You can try these steps and check if it helps:

Follow the steps mentioned below to disable the setting for the applications to take exclusive control of the device:
Right Click on speaker icon at the taskbar. Click on Playback devices.
Right Click on the playback device within the list of devices and select Properties.
Go to Advanced tab. Remove the check from the box next to Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device.
I didn't have to do that on the clean install this time.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search