The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Radial WR8 Workhorse to DAW? Audio Interfaces
Old 1st October 2015
Here for the gear
Radial WR8 Workhorse to DAW?

Havent see anything about this and I'm kind of new to analog hardware. Just wanna know if and how to integrate Radial WR8 to DAW. More specifically I wanna know if its possible to connect with my Audio Apollo Twin. Maybe D/A Converter is the only way? To anyone that owns a workhorse and works ITB I'd like to know how and if its possible.
Old 13th November 2015
Gear Head

The Workhorse has DB25 connectors on it for this purpose. One has all the inputs and the other all the outputs.

Get the user's manual here:
http://www.radialeng.com/pdfs/wh-usersguide.pdf
Old 13th November 2015
Gear Maniac

Yes you will need ad conversion something like a ferrofish which will convert the 8 channels of analogue to adat to go adat in on your apollo.

Do you run 8 preamps? believe the apollo only has 1 adat port in so it's limited to 4 channels at 96k. Or 8 at 44.1

hope that answered your question a little better!
Old 13th November 2015
Lives for gear
Do you have the summing mixer add-on? If so, and depending on how your 500 units are set up, you could get by with two ins in a pinch- because the summing mixer has xlr outs for the combined signal. But you'll definitely need 8 analog outs from your interface/converters to the workhorse.
I have a workhorse, but not the summer. I route the db25s to a patchbay. I have an rme multiface (cheap used these days) connected to a card in my tower Mac pro. The Adat on my rme goes to a lucid 88192. I patch in the radial units as they are needed. One of many possible solutions.

Last edited by 808KickDrum; 13th November 2015 at 06:26 PM.. Reason: Additional info
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search