The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Advice on buying a new Macbook Pro Audio Interfaces
Old 27th September 2015
Tui
Gear Guru

I tried to install RAM myself with my old MBP but couldn't get it to work. It turned out the contacts were corroded...

I took everything incl. a new SSD to my local Apple Centre and they installed it in no time.

Good luck!
Old 3rd October 2015
Here for the gear

I am also struggling between two 15 inch macbook pro

One is Mid 2015 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 16GB 256GB and another is Mid 2014 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 16GB 256GB (Refurb)

It seems the performance is similar according to Geekbench.
The Refurb one is around $150 USD cheaper.
Don't know if the faster SSD and force touch trackpad worth that amount...
Old 3rd October 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by didlisquat View Post
When do you think they would release the 15" Skylake ?

Will they be much more expensive ?

I was going to pull the trigger on a new MBP in the next month, but was wondering if it's better to wait after reading this.
I'm waiting for the Skylake refreshed MBP.
Old 3rd October 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meriphew View Post
I'm waiting for the Skylake refreshed MBP.
Cool. I've been finding out all the benefits of Skylake and I might just have to as well. It seems like a nice jump in quality that will be worth the wait.
Old 29th October 2015
Here for the gear

the new macbook laptop....

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinc View Post
If you can hold out until 2016 I would. Skylake Macs will be faster, but the big draw for me is that the Skylake processors are fanless, so the machines should be really light and quiet which will be great for music applications. My current MBP (an 08') is heavy as a brick and sounds like a jet engine taking off.

Saw a really good deal on a 15" the other day ($1500 for the first one you specced) and I'd imagine you might be able to find some good ones in the coming months / Black Friday, so you've definitely got options...
i just saw the new macbook and it has no ports for audio engineering. there's only the usb-c.

i mean... what are we supposed to do? this computer certainly won't work for me.. albeit that it would be awesome to go fanless and so powerful.

i'm reconsidering apples altogether at this point.
Old 29th October 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyel View Post
i just saw the new macbook and it has no ports for audio engineering. there's only the usb-c.

i mean... what are we supposed to do? this computer certainly won't work for me.. albeit that it would be awesome to go fanless and so powerful.

i'm reconsidering apples altogether at this point.
The macbook also has a very weak processor, simply it's designed for "pro" applications, period. That's why there are "macbook pros".
Old 22nd February 2017
Here for the gear

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by login View Post
The macbook also has a very weak processor, simply it's designed for "pro" applications, period. That's why there are "macbook pros".
I apologize. I was discussing the MBP and just left off the pro. I don't know anyone actually using a MacBook for audio. The point remains,.., that in order to produce on the MBP now,.. you invariable have to use an adapter hub. It seems this can cause latency issues right? That was the point of those old unibody was... just plug in at the port on the computer and spreed along. I just feel frustrated that another connection needs to take some quality away.
Old 23rd February 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyel View Post
I apologize. I was discussing the MBP and just left off the pro. I don't know anyone actually using a MacBook for audio. The point remains,.., that in order to produce on the MBP now,.. you invariable have to use an adapter hub. It seems this can cause latency issues right? That was the point of those old unibody was... just plug in at the port on the computer and spreed along. I just feel frustrated that another connection needs to take some quality away.
USB-C to USB Adapter - Apple
Top Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search