The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Anyone else using multiple Macs?
Old 18th September 2015
Anyone else using multiple Macs?

For the last couple of months, I have been re-wiring and setting up a home workspace, using multiple machines for specific jobs. Anyone else connect multiple macs via digital I/o to keep song-writing and recording/mixing separate?

iMac 1 - Runs Maschine, Ableton, effects.Interface - 828x thunderbolt and UAD. this is connected to all the hardware instruments.

connected to:

MacBook pro 1 - runs DJ software, connected to music library and NS7mk2. Used to sample and remix. Interface - 828x thunderbolt

iMac 2 - Runs my DAW, facilitates mixing and tracking. Interfaced to a hilo and a third 828x. This is connected to all hardware processors.

Currently trying to network them so I can transfer files freely across systems.

Also, I'm curious if anyone uses Logic Nodes...?

Any opinions? Suggestions?
Old 19th September 2015
I use digital I/O's to send audio + transport data via s/pdif & adat/TOSlink via audio cards, but with several PC's. They also serve to perform specific tasks in my home studio set up... Audio, VSTi, & Guitar machines. To make things even more elaborate I've began using digital audio Matrix Switches to route audio anyway I want between them.

I don't know any specifics of Mac, and have read a little about their 'Node' thing. I'd think certain things hold true/are the same, like digital audio between any kind of devices that is able to carry it.

If you're talking about 'networking' as in transferring files, like how you'd copy/cut/paste etc, I've never heard of digital audio lines having such capability (that would be cool)....only Ethernet type networking.
Old 19th September 2015
Yes. Ethernet
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search