The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Annoying-ass "Whoosing Sound" Audio Interfaces
Old 17th September 2015
Deleted User
Annoying-ass "Whoosing Sound"

Hello all,

This question is for Komplete Audio 6 users or people who have experienced the same problem with any similar mid-range quality interface. I own a KA6 and it has been completely fine for the year I've owned it. Out of damn nowhere, I plugged in a condenser mic to input one (As I've done numerous times, I was doing a vocal track) and suddenly heard this obnoxious POP. 48V was already turned on before I plugged in, that wasnt the problem. Following this pop was an obnoxious white noise out my speaker. No sound could now be played through the interface ; even touching the volume knob gave me this huge loud whooshing noise. What the hell did I do. Someone save me this is bull****.

-Matt
Old 17th September 2015
1st off, watch your mouth sonny!

Kidding! lol

Here's some things I would try...

The other inputs (Mic/Line) with a mic and with a guitar etc, Test the outputs with a different set of speakers, Test with headphones (in the phones out & with a 'Y' adapter to the monitor outputs).

Delete & reinstall your audio drivers, or go to PROPERTIES/SERVICES in Windows and RESTART your drivers 1st actually.

Go to your audio device's control panel and be sue everything's as it should.

Double check that your DAW software is using that card/selected as your default audio device.

Try with a new 'test' project, just in case some setting in the project you were working with has something altered.

Try another sound card in case this one just took the old poo in the sky.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search