The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
MacBook Pro reformat & re install?!
Old 17th September 2015
Here for the gear

MacBook Pro reformat & re install?!

Hi all,

It's just a quick question regarding the reformat of my MacBook back to factory settings as it's become a complete mess and I'm starting an online course next week so looking for a fresh start!

My only concern is re installing my software such as traktor,massive etc.. I understand all of this is backed up to a service centre so how should I go about getting all the licenses back onto my Mac once the reformat is complete?

Also will I be able to just re download logic from the App Store as I've already purchased it?

I'm very new to Mac so these might be stupid questions but don't want to lose everything whilst re formatting.

Many thanks

James
Old 17th September 2015
Here for the gear
You can re-download Logic from the App Store. Just make sure you are logged in with the account that you used when you made the purchase.
As for the NI software, log in on their website and find all your serial numbers and your software download links under My Products and Serials
Old 17th September 2015
Gear Head
Hi James,
NI (well their EULA) says, that you can install their products on two different machines but you mustn't use them at the same time. There is no need to deactivate the licenses however NI suggests to uninstall the products on the old machine/system (if possible - a harddrive/SSD could always crash ...).
I think they have a system that counts the activations in relation to time. So you should be safe. Even if a product refuses licensing the support of NI will surely help and kind of reset the counter.
I was in a similar situation last week moving to a new MacBook.
Old 17th September 2015
Tui
Gear Guru

I had to install all my NI products on 4 different Macs over the years since 2 Macs died, but I never ran out of activations.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search