The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
audio with midi interface Audio Interfaces
Old 16th September 2015
Gear Head

audio with midi interface

hi,

just wondering what audio/midi interfaces people are using and if anyone has some suggestions for what to buy these days?

i only need stereo out and midi in, what i have been using is an m-audio 192 pci.

cheers
Old 16th September 2015
I'm using the old, discontinued & out of business Aardvarks. Q10's & Aark 24 cards, they each have midi. They still work great, only thing they only work with up to Win XP...which I'm still using.

As far as what to recommend, well there's a lot of cards that fit your needs. I myself would consider RME, Steinberg, Tascam, Motu to name a few, but there are others. Basically most any brand should do it for you, but you need to choose which features you need now, and in the not too distant future, such as I/O's for analog and/or digital, mic pre's, guitar pre's, headphone, fantom power for a condenser mic, midi I/O, FX inserts, 1/4" and/or XLR jacks, how you want to connect to your computer by USB, PCI/PCIe, or fire wire etc. These are more important than brand IMO.
Old 16th September 2015
Gear Nut
I'm using the original babyface by RME for years, I connect my master keyboard via MIDI of babyface and it's been working great.
Old 17th September 2015
Gear Head

hi guys,

i got myself a steinberg ur22 usb audio/midi interface to try and its not too bad but does have a couple of issues. for around £85 i guess it does a good job overall.

i'm also going to try a focusrite saffire 24 pro firewire audio/midi interface, should be arriving tommorow.

cheers
Top Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search