The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Good restauration (decrackler, denoiser,) VST
Old 10th September 2015
Gear Maniac

Good restauration (decrackler, denoiser,) VST

before i used the restauration plugins on my tc powercore card, which i found very good; but i sold my tc card i while ago (regret it a bit because a liked a lot of stuff of tc!)

i now have a deesser, but I'm looking for a good decrackler, declicker and denoiser vst.

Any suggestions?
Old 10th September 2015
Lives for gear

Izotope RX (industry standard I would say, very comprehensive suite) and Sonnox Restore Collection (recently introduced new version is on sale now) first comes to my mind..
Otherwise Acon Digital Restore Suite has very good price/value ratio.. Restoration Suite | Noise Reduction Plug-ins

Michal
Old 10th September 2015
Gear Maniac

hi,
Hi Michal!
thanks for your tips!

yes i was looking into the izotope stuff, but i'm under the impression the basic version does not have many options, and the advanced verson is very expensive...

sonnox stuff is also very nice, had a lot of stuff of sonnox on my powercore card

the acon stuff seems a lot more reasonable priced, i dont need a lot of options anyway (declick clip and crack is enough, maybe denoiser)

any other tips?

Last edited by generalx; 10th September 2015 at 10:29 AM..
Old 10th September 2015
Lives for gear

Hmm.. I don't know much of other restore plugins, which are at same quality and flexibility level as mentioned.
There is also Z and X-Noise by Waves, but in my comparison, which I did several years ago, it wasn't so good. But YMMV of course.
Also there is Cedar and Algorithmix, excellent products, but both are very very expensive (Cedar suite is 10K for ProTools.. Algorithmix with all of its modules is about the same. So it can be sustainable maybe for someone, doing hi-end restore projects or some regular restore work for state archive, radio etc.).

At your place, I would proceed trial with own material, some free time and all mentioned suites - RX, Acon and Sonnox Restore (this requires an iLok for demo).
I haven't tried latest Sonnox and don't know, if they updated also algorithms besides new UI and platform support, but with broadband noise removal I preferred the RX. I don't say, Sonnox is bad, it was quicker for operation (personal thing) and more efficient to run, but bit more obvious with its reduction.. Of course all depends on material, required noise attenuation and particular tweaking.
RX is also excellent choice for manual de-clipping or "incident" removal, because of its offline spectral editing.

Michal
Old 10th September 2015
Lives for gear

cedar noise reduction plugins.
among the best on the market.
expensive and work only with sadie software though.
we used that on a mastering studio i used to work, they are top notch.
if restoration is your thing think about it.
Old 11th September 2015
Gear Addict
The Acon Restoration suite is very good for the money. I picked it up earlier this summer to restore some old 78s for a friend. I rarely do restoration work, so i didn't want to spring for the Sonnox. But i'm happy with it.
Old 11th September 2015
Gear Maniac

i'm testing the acon for the moment and it seems alright

other options?
Old 11th September 2015
Lives for gear
Though expensive, the Waves restoration kit is fantastic. It was on sale a few months ago.
Old 12th September 2015
Gear Addict

I like the waves bundle too.
They seem to have sales every week so perhaps can get cheap.
Also there is a new one called Era D, by plugin alliance which is out now.
Not tried it yet though.
Old 12th September 2015
Gear Maniac

dont' like the waves aura, difficult to explain...
probably will go with acon, good results soo far..........
Old 12th September 2015
Lives for gear

If you have adobe audition. That one has a great set of restauratino tools comparable to Izotopes RX3.

If on another DAW, I love RX3.
Old 12th September 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyandres View Post
If you have adobe audition. That one has a great set of restauratino tools comparable to Izotopes RX3.

If on another DAW, I love RX3.
+1 for Adobe. Audition 3 still does the job for me.
Old 18th September 2015
Gear Maniac

hi,

I bought the acon suite, loving it so far! No complaints, seems to do everything I want for a reasonable price!

Audition is nice, but i like everything being together in cubase like with acon.No need to change programs like this.

Cheers!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search