The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Pro tools and eleven rack - Can i use USB Mixer alongside the 11R to record? DAW Software
Old 3rd September 2015
Here for the gear

Pro tools and eleven rack - Can i use USB Mixer alongside the 11R to record?

Hi
I have an Eleven Rack and PT10

Pro tools sees the 11R as the interface.

In a Pro-tools session, can I have my guitar coming in via 11R to a USB slot and select another USB input on my computer to pick up a stereo output from a mixer so that I can record vocals and 11R guitar as separate stereo tracks?

My first post so sorry if this is a stupid question!

Cheers

Stuart
Old 4th September 2015
Lives for gear

What you're referring to is an Aggregate Audio function, which only works on a Mac, and not with all interfaces. I'm not sure if the Eleven Rack will aggregate.

It will be far easier to just get another interface that has a couple of mic inputs, but also a digital Spidf in. Then you could record through that interface, and at the same time hook up your Eleven Rack to it digitally, and record that at the same time.

There are various interfaces like this at very reasonable prices.

Note that you don't have to hook up the Eleven Rack digitally, but that will preserve the tone the best.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search