The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Abelton Live lite upgrade to 9 standard or suite
Old 2nd September 2015
Lives for gear

Abelton Live lite upgrade to 9 standard or suite

Hey I just got an email from Abelton with an offer to upgrade from Live lite to either 9 standard($50.00)
or suite($100.00). Fact is lite is so crippled I have never used it. I do have some hardware synths and if I remember correctly It could not send midi clock or have much hardware support with the Lite version.
A few times over the years i have demoed it(full versions), but not recently. Just couldn't wrap my head around it. My main DAW is Cubase Artist 7 on a PC(Win7 64 bit) and I do mainly linear tracks but at times do come up with riffs or ideas and it may be cool to work with scenes. I have until September 23rd to decide. I guess I could download the demo but would also welcome any thoughts on this upgrade offer. I notice the regular pricing is considerably higher by a long shot and wonder why now it is so cheap.
Old 3rd September 2015
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahuska View Post
Hey I just got an email from Abelton with an offer to upgrade from Live lite to either 9 standard($50.00)
or suite($100.00). Fact is lite is so crippled I have never used it. I do have some hardware synths and if I remember correctly It could not send midi clock or have much hardware support with the Lite version.
A few times over the years i have demoed it(full versions), but not recently. Just couldn't wrap my head around it. My main DAW is Cubase Artist 7 on a PC(Win7 64 bit) and I do mainly linear tracks but at times do come up with riffs or ideas and it may be cool to work with scenes. I have until September 23rd to decide. I guess I could download the demo but would also welcome any thoughts on this upgrade offer. I notice the regular pricing is considerably higher by a long shot and wonder why now it is so cheap.
That is one heck of an upgrade price. I have Lite and checked and it's $329 to upgrade to standard for me.
Old 3rd September 2015
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Just checked the website n it says u can save up to $100. Didn't say anything about the upgrade being $100...
Old 3rd September 2015
Lives for gear

Hey sorry, not enough coffee yesterday morning, I checked my email again and it is either 50 or 100 off, my bad
Old 3rd September 2015
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Hey sorry, not enough coffee yesterday morning, I checked my email again and it is either 50 or 100 off, my bad
Ha - lack of coffee will do that! I was seriously jealous of that price.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search