The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
How in the world do you create your own pro tools shortcuts on windows ... ???!!!! DAW Software
Old 2nd September 2015
Gear Nut

How in the world do you create your own pro tools shortcuts on windows ... ???!!!!

Simple as the title ... please help me figure out how even if there is a way ... theres countless videos on how to do it on a mac and in the videos i heard them say its easy to do it on windows but they never explain how to do it ! please help !!
Old 2nd September 2015
Gear Nut

How in the world do you create your own pro tools shortcuts on windows ... ???!!!!

Simple as the title ... please help me figure out how even if there is a way ... theres countless videos on how to do it on a mac and in the videos i heard them say its easy to do it on windows but they never explain how to do it ! please help !! PT10
Old 2nd September 2015
Gear Guru

Pro Tools itself only has fixed shortcuts but you could use something like AutoHotkey to program some shortcuts and/or macros. Or use a programmable keyboard. (I use a Logitech K95RGB keyboard).

Alistair
Old 2nd September 2015
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinbdot View Post
Simple as the title ... please help me figure out how even if there is a way ... theres countless videos on how to do it on a mac and in the videos i heard them say its easy to do it on windows but they never explain how to do it ! please help !!
Are talking about a shortcut to the application or to individual recording sessions? Keyboard shortcuts?
Old 2nd September 2015
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alrod View Post
Are talking about a shortcut to the application or to individual recording sessions? Keyboard shortcuts?
I mean as in in inside a recording session and i want to make Ctrl - Alt - 9 do a specific function that i personally designed it to do
Old 2nd September 2015
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderTow View Post
Pro Tools itself only has fixed shortcuts but you could use something like AutoHotkey to program some shortcuts and/or macros. Or use a programmable keyboard. (I use a Logitech K95RGB keyboard).

Alistair
Thanks for the reply ill have to look into that i know you can go to preferences on a mac and change it in seconds it just frustrating for PC users and how much was your keyboard and where can i find ones like it ? simply eBay or a certain site ...
Old 2nd September 2015
Gear Guru

The Corsair K95RGB is $179 at Newegg but you can check out AutoHotKey as it is free and quite powerful: AutoHotkey: macro and automation Windows scripting language (I use both for different purposes and also have the programmable soft keys on the MC Control for even more directly available shortcuts).

Alistair
Old 2nd September 2015
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinbdot View Post
I mean as in in inside a recording session and i want to make Ctrl - Alt - 9 do a specific function that i personally designed it to do
Ok, gotcha...

I actually don't think there is a way to do that on the Windows platform. If there is, I would like to know too. Have you tried posting this question on the AVID forum? Just a suggestion.
Old 3rd September 2015
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alrod View Post
Ok, gotcha...

I actually don't think there is a way to do that on the Windows platform. If there is, I would like to know too. Have you tried posting this question on the AVID forum? Just a suggestion.
AutoHotKey will do it. So will my PC keyboard and many other apps and gear.

Alistair
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search