The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
iLok AND eLicenser on Same PC?
Old 1st September 2015
Lives for gear

iLok AND eLicenser on Same PC?

Very many people running iLok2 dongle and eLicenser dongle on the same Win7 or greater PC without any problems?

I have (2) iLok2 dongles in my machine at all times... one for demos, and one for the purchased licenses.

I REALLY would like to be able to use the Vengeance Sound Tapestop plugin, as it appears to work like the old Serato Pitch n Time I used to use on my old Pro Tools 3 rig I used to run on a Mac clone long ago. Haven't found any other plugin quite like it. The VS Tapestop seems like a near identical work flow with additional capabilities.

But I'm highly skeptical of running two dongle protection schemes on the same machine's USB ports. Should I be? I mean... I have all kinds of other copy protection software running... NI, Waves, Sonoris, etc., with no problems. Maybe there's nothing to it?

Thanks.
Old 1st September 2015
Gear Head
I've never had an issue with it. I run Ilok, Elicenser, rainbow sentinel and codemeter on my machine without issue.
Old 2nd September 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by splitpoint View Post
I've never had an issue with it. I run Ilok, Elicenser, rainbow sentinel and codemeter on my machine without issue.
Never had an issue here either.. One iLok 2 and three eLicenser dongles working fine together on a Win 7 workstation, Mac 10.9.5 workstation, and now a Win 10 workstation.
Old 2nd September 2015
Gear Nut

1 iLok2 and 1 eLicenser here W7x64, no probs at all.
Old 2nd September 2015
Gear Maniac
Same here. I used the two together for about 2 years without one issue on the same usb hub....Win7 64bit on Pro Tools HD 9 and 10.
Old 2nd September 2015
Lives for gear

cool! thanks for all the replies. looks like I'll be checking it out on my system, then, especially for the vengeance sound tapestop. and just think of all the new plugins I'll have the ability to buy & run now !

Old 2nd September 2015
Lives for gear

No problems here on my Win 7 slave PC. iLok 2 for my Hollywood Orchestra libraries and e-Licenser for Vienna Ensemble Pro to run them in.
Old 2nd September 2015
Gear Maniac
Using eLicenser and iLok together for more than 4 years now. eLicenser for Cubase, iLok for plugins. Didn't had a single issue ever since.
Old 2nd September 2015
Gear Addict

No problems here running both, although I had a few ilok issues initially its worked flawlessly ever since.
Old 2nd September 2015
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.O.B.I. View Post
Using eLicenser and iLok together for more than 4 years now. eLicenser for Cubase, iLok for plugins. Didn't had a single issue ever since.
me too
Old 2nd September 2015
Gear Guru

They work fine together here too.

Alistair
Old 2nd September 2015
PMF
Gear Maniac
iLOK2 and eLic. working fine here on WIN7 and now on WIN10..
Old 2nd September 2015
Lives for gear

Can't comment on iLok specifically, but for what it's worth, eLicenser and Codemeter (Reason) dongles are living and working quite happily side by side here (PC running Win7 64-bit).
Old 2nd September 2015
Not had any issues simultaneously running eLicenser and iLok2 with Apple computers. Can't see it being an issue with Windows.
Old 2nd September 2015
Lives for gear

Just for the record: No issues here either on Win 7 x64, eLicenser & iLok
Old 3rd September 2015
Lives for gear

No problem here. W10 64bit.
Old 3rd September 2015
Actually, all copy protection schemes seem to work fine together: multiple elicensers, multiple iLoks, 2 Codemeter sticks, Waves and Plugin Alliance USB sticks, Reason Ignition key, all works fine on a mix of USB2 & USB3.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search