The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Apollo with other converters
Old 1st September 2015
Gear Head

Apollo with other converters

I work in places which use Symphony I/Os and one room with Avid HD I/Os. I have an Apollo and wonder if I can use the Apollo in conjunction with either of these interfaces or will this only act like a UAD-2 Satellite?
I can use the digital outs of the Apollo to send the mic ins I use but figure I should ask before my next session if it can be used as additional I/O as my mix will require all of the rooms built in I/O.
Old 4th September 2015
Gear Addict

You can use it like a satellite but it the I/O won't work with HD. It's possible you could use other DAW's with an aggregate device but I don't know and have not tried this.
Old 4th September 2015
It depends.

If I remember correctly, the Apollo has a standalone mode, where you can use it as a converter - limited to 48k, and you don't mention what Apollo you have, but you should be able to get an additional 8io via ADAT.

NOW - it depends on the setup of the rooms as to if this is any use to you. I don't know about symphony; if your room has the 8x8x8 HD IO, then you can use the Apollo to give yourself 8 additional IO. If you've got the 16x16 HD IO, it's no use because each interface only has 16 paths, and the 16io version is already using them all.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search