The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Mackie Pro Contoller and Expander still make my work flow great
Old 1st September 2015
Mackie Pro Contoller and Expander still make my work flow great

Have been using a Mackie Pro Controller and Expander now for 10 years. Never had a problem with them. I recently decided on getting another Expander when combined will give me 24 faders with scribble strips. I have not found anything out there that can't beat it in its price category. All the dedicated buttons you can assign for creating audio, midi, group tracks, cut, paste, close, and exit. The list is almost endless. Not to mention the solid transport controls and jog wheel.

The only competition is the Artist series by Avid. I know the old units by Euphonix had cracked screen issues but was told the Avid black versions were improved. For find adjusts on the volume, I use my mouse with the alt key on my keyboard.

Has anyone found the Artist series better than the Mackie. They do seem a little small and less impressive but perhaps with a smaller work service they are better?
Old 1st September 2015
Gear Maniac

What DAW are you using out of curiosity?

I'd like to add something like this to my setup. I use Reaper and it seems like (from the little research I've done so far) that there is some user coded .dll that is needed for Reaper to work better with the Mackie.

I've recently seen the QCon controllers. They show Reaper support but it sounds like it is limited and not fully featured. You get better results with that .dll I mentioned. However, it seems like later in the year they may be coming out with QCon Pro. So I am hoping for better integration.
Old 1st September 2015
I am using Cubase 7.5.
For some reason Samplitide 11 does not recognize my Midimann interface. Since Cubase allows you to make the faders wider and easier to see, I now dislike the skinny faders in Samp
Old 2nd September 2015
Does the lack of responses mean most just use a mouse and keyboard to mix?
Old 2nd September 2015
Lives for gear

q

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason rocks View Post
Does the lack of responses mean most just use a mouse and keyboard to mix?
I'm using the mcu pro as well. 24 channels with cubase as well. I love it!!
Old 2nd September 2015
Lives for gear

Jason 1 thing. You are going to have to plug the 3rd extender into your midi interface. It wont work well if you plug it into the main unit's midi port.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search