The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Will BFD3 Work as a 32-bit RTAS Plug-in in Pro Tools 10.0 (32-bit) on a Mac? Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 28th August 2015
Here for the gear

Will BFD3 Work as a 32-bit RTAS Plug-in in Pro Tools 10.0 (32-bit) on a Mac?

Hi, everyone (SORRY if I might have posted this on a "discussion" thread type earlier)

I've been searching the web and here in Gearzlutz but cannot find a direct answer, so I hope you can help me out. I'm not a techie and am slow in getting clues to possible answers in the FXpansion forum and other fora. My DAW is Pro Tools 10.0.0 (running 32-bit) on an iMac OS 10.7.3 (Lion). The given is that I cannot run 64-bit on my system as of yet; only 32-bit.

So, here is my concern: I have BFD2 and am thinking of upgrading to BFD3. FXpansion states this: "It comes with VST2.4, AU, RTAS and AAX64 plugin versions and also as a standalone application. The VST2.4, AU and standalone app work in both 32-bit and 64-bit environments." Does this mean that the RTAS plugin version would not work, therefore, in a 32-bit environment or would it? That only VST2.3, AU, and standalone app would work in 32-bit (and 64-bit) but not RTAS plugin version? I can only run RTAS on my 32-bit Pro Tools, as far as I know.

Hope someone can enlighten me. Please do bear with my non-techie-filled queries.
Old 28th August 2015
RTAS is only 32 bit

Rail
Old 1st September 2015
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumSamples View Post
RTAS is only 32 bit

Rail
Thanks a lot for your reply, Rail. I guess I was overreading/over-analyzing FXPansion's statement when the short of it all is that BFD 3 will, in fact, work with my current set-up (PT 10 32-bit, RTAS, and all). Thanks for snapping me out of it
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search