The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
VMR format
Old 7th August 2015
Lives for gear
VMR format

The plugs really do sound great but I just can't get along with the workflow. If I only used Slate wares maybe I'd feel different but it's just not fluid using other lines with it. Plus the visual footprint is crazy big and it eats up the majority of my viewing area on a 32" monitor.

I hope Slate will make the plugs useable outside of the vmr shell at some point. Each plug on its own really is top notch.
Old 7th August 2015
Lives for gear

Doubt they will ever live outside the virtual mix rack. In fact more plugins will go that route.
Old 7th August 2015
Lives for gear
That's unfortunate.
Old 7th August 2015
Lives for gear
T-Racks had a similar environment.. and they eventually did single plugins that can be loaded outside the host.

I have no clue if that's in Slate's plans down the road, but I wouldn't be surprised. I mean.. they have singles now. The point of the VMR was to condense everything to just one unit w/ everything you need.. all Slate. The plugs aren't meant to have other third party plugs in the chain... b/c then they wouldn't have world dominance

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search